that should go in Mail Day Thread.

Those frequencies look very familiar

but attack and release?

5 Likes

have you played with them yet? I was thinking I’d build the kassutronic version

3 Likes

And a small part of my brain is insisting “why should I not eat?”

1 Like

Added a coat of that blackest black paint to my sequencer module, it’s not really for matte materials like wood but it’s pretty black. Some of it scratched off when i was putting it back together.

6 Likes

Breadboarded the Noise Cornucopia, all seems to work! Don’t think it’ll need any tweaks.

PXL_20201129_012255888

9 Likes

Doesn’t seem to make any noise. I hope you will remedy that by production time.

3 Likes

I played with them a bit, but haven’t yet unlocked the full potential.

These are the Kassutronics pcb’s. I just made black panels.

1 Like

Slope module is a sort of Envelope no ? i don’t know it, what the difference with an Env Gen plz

The large PCB contains 14 envelope followers with pots for attack and release times.

They can be used as ADSR, lfo, slew limiter, cv processor, triggering other modules based on rise and fall.

Somewhat like half a Maths or Rampage. All inspired from the Serge DUSG.

3 Likes

Breadboarded the Barton MultiPWM. Me likey!

7 Likes

Could you maybe post a sound example?

Given that the PaulStretch algorithm does time stretching (and can stretch audio quite a bit), you would need to bridge the time difference between feeding it a live input signal and it producing an output signal somehow. The output signal will be produced (much) later than the input signal so this requires buffering. But to my understanding the buffer size will increase as long as you feed input to the algorithm (stretching has that effect). That can be done using a digital buffer, but eventually there is no buffer big enough, so you will run out of memory, or you have to keep your tracks short.

If you use PaulStretch in a file based fashion, this problem does not occur because the algorithm can determine the size of the buffer it needs from the input signal’s length and given enough disc space can then write the resulting data to an appropriately sized file.

2 Likes

Here’s a vid I took earlier, sorry hard to know what’s going on but it’s a simple triangle patch with a second envelope which has CV over filter cutoff and the “low pwm” and then the lmnc lfo has cv over the “high pwm” adds a nice little sweepy feel.

I like the design because it’s only 3 TL074’s and it does pretty nasty things to triangles, I need to get my scope out but here is Barton’s pic:

4 Likes

The 8 step version sounds not unlike a version of the sound in a much lower bit resolution?

3 Likes

Yeah for sure, the scope pics above are with pretty low values on the knobs, if you crank the top or bottom (hi and lo cv) you can clamp off the sound to damn near a square and at max shuts it off completely like a pulse taken too far

3 Likes

Have you seen the mixer that Duskwork made? He based his design off of Sams but made a couple of changes.

1 Like

The LEDs in the Duskwork design will only respond to positive signals. So when mixing CV-signals that might be not what the user expects.