My build progress

In my last build I mentioned that I needed a proper mixer to explore the sounds that I could get from the fuzz distortion module so I set to build one. Initially I thought I’d build a stripped down version of Ken Stone’s matrix mixer, but I quickly decided that it was an overkill for what I needed. So I built a classic “multiple inputs into two inverting op amps” kind. There must be quite a few variations of this topology, but I used a simplified version of @ShedSynth 's mixer, that doesn’t use any switches or clipping indicator.

Now I am pretty sure that someone must have posted a stripboard layout for this in the forum, but I had this 12x9 stripboard offcut so I gave myself a challenge to fit as much as possible in there, including one of the potentiometers. I also didn’t have any 100ohm resistors, and the closest I found was a chunky 1w resistor. I figured that it’s only used to prevent short circuits at the op amp output, so I just soldered it directly to the output. Good enough for rock 'n roll I guess :smile:

5 Likes