My build progress

Good question and I’m working on a blog post answer. The short version: Yes. The slightly less short version: Yes, always good to have more buffered multiples; but this is different from the one I already have (@CTorp’s design based on a circuit by Dave Jones): Its input impedance is 1M instead of 100k, which means it doesn’t turn a 1 V/oct signal into a 1.01 V/oct. And it’s based on voltage followers instead of inverting stages, which means it uses a lot fewer parts to get more outputs with unity gain basically guaranted instead of needing precision resistors or hand matched resistors or trimmers to achieve it. It also means it’s more vulnerable to overvoltage and would likely have trouble with inputs below -8 V. But I can’t see any way the former situation would arise with my synth, and the latter isn’t that big a deal — I can always use the other multiple if I really need such low input voltages, which would be rarely if ever.

Blog: Buffered multiples again – Analog Output
GitHub: GitHub - holmesrichards/mults: Dual buffered multiples synthesizer module

7 Likes