My build progress

Dual Sloth Choas + simple LFO in the case :slight_smile:

schematic from Non Linear Circuits

I used it in PWM and in several filters in this short demo

my verified stripboard here

14 Likes

Great work, as always. Your sample sounds very cool, I think I will try this module too…

2 Likes

thx, yes it’s a very fun module :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s really interesting! I am still looking for some useful LFO modules but I need the possibility to sync them. I’ll still give this a try I guess :smiley:

3 Likes

Not sure if this helps in any way, but some work has been done on this already.

3 Likes

The Sloth Chaos is not really a LFO, the interesting thing is the Chaos (not equal/“aleatory” cycle) , so not sure for add sync ?

There is the VCLFO (with sync) :

3 Likes

Got the midithru-x2 built this afternoon:

Imgur

Was excited to hook it up to everything and give it a try:

Reaper → 2 output USB MIDI → Midisizer Midithru-x2 → DIY synth, TubeOhm Phoenix, Microdexed and MC-101

Cheers

7 Likes

Super work. I prefer panel mount midi sockets as there’s less chance of damage to the board. That said you can add a plastic washer under the board mount type to prevent cracking solder joints when you insert plugs or add a heavy cable. Flooding Hot glue works as well.

2 Likes

Yeah - was feeling a little tentative shoving the cables in - here’s hoping I don’t have to do that too often.
Hot glue fixes anything, right?

3 Likes

At the start of a tour we’d spray wd40 on a cloth and wipe the rings of midi plugs and other kit. Wipe on - buff off. Makes for a smooth insert (just don’t over do it).
If a cable was to sit for some time we used a stinky stuff called cow glue. (Pre glue gun era) this made a mess but rubberized the connection, which you can cut out later.
Absolutely right about hot glue!

1 Like

Finally got some building in

7 Likes

Today the Bounce Bounce Bounce in the case

some photos and vid here

4 Likes

Another ADAR for the new case

9 Likes

Finished up these 3 EuRolz tonight - there was a fourth, but its on its way to Cory :slight_smile:

Here they be, pinging all 3 CV inputs on the LMNC KOSMO MS-20 Filter

8 Likes

a snare drum module inspired by the beautiful CR-78 vintage drum’s machine:

schematic available here: CR-78 Snare module - MOD WIGGLER

My drum’s dedicated case grow up !

10 Likes

I’ve been testing my quad envelope generator. Here are some pics.

2 of the 4 PCBs under test. They are connected via a bus. Here the 1st gets a clock signal and starts an envelope and triggers the second generator (a bit later) as well.

One slow looped envelope in blue and a summation of this with a faster looped envelope in yellow.

And other slopes are possible as well. It all depends on the time constants, envelope amplitudes and the polarity of the individual envelopes.

The envelopes can also be used stand alone.

11 Likes

This is really neat, i love how your design’s orientation is setup to use the angle pots.

3 Likes

This is a first for me, so I’m curious how this will work out. I’ve still to design a face plate for the module. I’m thinking of plywood and cutting all holes etc with a K40 laser (also a first).

3 Likes

Another weekend, another synth built. I actually got a headstart on Thursday evening - but here it is:

It’s juicy!

8 Likes

Hey,

in noise we trust ! :facepunch:

noise-design/experimental/synthetis-crusher/crash-test/Cordillère-des-ondes

some experiments with only a classical synthesis-line. (if you want more modules details talk to me)

10 Likes