Barton BMC112 Step Sequencer - a variation

I love Bartons modules and have built some of them, from “complicated” with preprogrammed PICs to simple ones like the dual A/R.
However I recently noticed his latest module, a 8-step sequencer with four outputs where three were clocked differently (/2, /4, /8).

His simple and elegant sequencer was a perfect starting point for one idea to come true. Not knowing if it is a bright idea or not, I want a 3-4 output sequencer where the outputs are delayed a number of clock pulses.
Barton clocks four analog multiplexers differently, but I simply shift the potentiometers two steps to the multiplexers and run them all at the same clock frequency.

I am using an experiment board for the four CD4051, an up/down counter (the module will have three inputs - Clock, Up/Down and Reset) and two TL072s to buffer control inputs and VC outputs.

Here’s a first sketch of the module. As I lay sleepless the other night I found out that I hade arranged the potentiometers the wrong way around.

Will temporarly postpone this project as we are going to Belgium next week.

Any ideas?

1 Like

Can’t help working a bit more on this one. Attached the potentiometers. Guess my “standard” is close to the LMNC standard. I went for a module height of 7" as I knew I would never ever mix my modules with someone else.

Socklets in place and potentiometers. Love the small black knobs (AliX) and the red ones (AliX) but theyr are made for D-axles and have to have some quality time with a scalpel. But even a bit bigger knobs will fit. (Must see if the red ones comes for standard 18-spline axles.

The multiplexers are too close to the potentiometers but I cannot undo this now. Besides I hate to build stuff this way, but also, I am too “lazy” to make me a proper pcb.

1 Like