Music share thread - Share your work!

I use iOS apps like Glitche for video effects!

2 Likes

Cool - thanks. I don’t have any apple devices so I’ll guess I’ll have to find other ways to make these kind of slick eye candy.

Right now a mate of mine is working on some oldschool visualisations for a new track - stay tuned!

Cheers

3 Likes

Good ol Windows Media Player on XP in a virtual machine works fine for me.

4 Likes

So, here is a one shot live recording using my setup. I am struggling with signal levels but that should be better now I have found an old 8 channels mixer (This was recorded using a 3 channels mixer + another passive mixer).
It is a lot of fun to do the “live” recording, lots of pressure and fun, and pain…

9 Likes

This was really good!

2 Likes

Yes, good sound here !
it could have been longer :slight_smile:

1 Like

Another live recording using only my kosmo synth (along with volca sample and bass station II for drums).
I am having a really good time playing live like that :grin:

6 Likes

Here is a video for my song Brighter.

This was made with a lot of footages that I got in my phone that I shot during a long trip in Japan & at home during the pandemic while I had this obsession for filming the sun in the sky.
I worked too much on this video and it was sitting on my drive for too long because I never found the right timing to release it. I will release new songs in the next weeks, so this might be the time now to release before it turns totally obsolete.

10 Likes

@Bpbby really cool, always happy to hear a Kosmo play !

@YMNK I already knew the piece but with the images it’s good !

The beauty of nature always amazes me but often irritates me immediately afterwards when I think that capitalism is destroying it at full speed.

6 Likes

Cover im working on. Transcription is finished, but i really need to work on the patches. Recorded multi-track recorded from my hydrasynth.

6 Likes

Since i had a midi laying around, i thought i may as well try out that new free bbc symphonic pack mentioned here:

It sounds robotic, because i didnt bother to control the dynamic nature of the plugins directly much. I did split the bass and a few other voices into different bow techniques though.

8 Likes

I like it a lot! I noticed the roboticness(?) mostly in the drums, especially at then end when they solo. Might I ask how do you did it? I have never really worked with a music program, do you load in a midi file and select different instruments for the tracks and that’s it? Great work! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I used it quite a bit in this track:

6 Likes

I listened to the original track and arranged everything by ear. I have a bad habit of getting lazy when I get to setting velocities.

I use fl studio and have the ref track play while I use simple midi instruments with a sound font. Picking a tone like a saw wave helps pick out a tone because of the strong fundamental. If I having trouble heading it, I’ll pan the ref track to the right, while the audio from the arranged goes to the left. If it’s especially tricky I’ll use a filter on specific bands to isolate the sound, or use frequency analysis to see more objectively what the frequency of the fundamental is.

To speed things up, you just use music theory to help. First thing I do is identify notes in the song and whether it changes key. Then, I think which note is the home. Since multiple scales can have the same notes, this is important. C major has all the notes of a minor for example. Once you know that, and get started, you are really only needing to estimate tones as a reference pitch from the scale, which will limit the number you will need to think about. Intuitively, it’s usually pretty easy for me at that point to pinpoint cause relative intervals are easier than exact pitch to do by ear.

Harmony is also done like this, but you start with the root tone, then build up whatever harmony sounds good. If it’s close then you transcribed it exactly, if it’s not, you reharmonize and that’s good too. I start with building the triad, but don’t marry that. You should also use chord inversions to smooth the chord transitions where you want a smooth transition.

5 Likes

Well Kosmo didn’t make it in this track but I am using a stylophone!
Moog werkstatt 01
JP-08
XV 5050
TR6s
Keystep pro did the work.
Missed the song build bit but that how it goes.
This was just a jam that I liked the result.
Hope your a skinny puppy fan or ohGr
As that’s my inspiration for this track.

7 Likes

I sent a mate of mine some stems and he ran them through his CRO visualization setup:

6 Likes

Hey guys.
Today it’s release day for me …
I’m really happy to share with you this new song : Water.
I use a lot of my DIY modular in this one, a lot of arpeggios, bleeps, water sounds, chimes …

In 2017 I did a trip on Zamami Island, an Island near Okinawa, Japan. I did some snorkeling and shot a lot of random videos underwater. I recently found those takes in the depths of a hard drive disk. They were perfect to match this track.
So I wrote a program to cut into this raw material and make a video out of it by following the tempo and some MIDI notes.

I hope you will like it.
Cheers !

14 Likes

grooooooo2ooooooooovy.

2 Likes
6 Likes

Procedural editing?!? Daaaaaamn. That is cool!

2 Likes