May I pick your music theory brains?

Lol, shazam actually worked, found it.

Ignore the slideshow because it has nothing to do with the music which is the thing I’m really interested in. No idea why I decided to click on this (well, I have some idea but woowoo is for another forum)

What’s going on here? Can someone explain to me what the melody is, what key it’s in, is there a term for the progression, and there’s a bassline in it, I can’t really pick out any notes because I’m not paying attention to it.

I dunno if this is something typically French style or not, I used to be into Fingers in the Noise when he was making music and there’s, what I want to call a “nice clean muted sound”.

I’m hoping someone here will say “oh yeah that artist is called x and here’s his 3 hour mix of that same song with a video showing how he made it and all the presets he used.” Failing that, a Doctor Mix deconstruction? One can hope.

That artist is called “well-known television composers” apparently:

These unique all-round tracks of 101 Dark Orchid Music are especially composed for television programs, documentaries and commercials by well-known television composers.

2 Likes

It’s weird, I tried to find more information about him but I can’t. Even did a synthwave piece called Arcade night that sounds just right.

Listening to it and knowing that “Hey, I could do that.” Makes me want to study music theroy even more.

1 Like

@Caustic can you repost that soundmap you did here? What is that anyway? I’ve seen spectrum analysis before but only simple 2d lines for monitoring charicteristics of power supplies and amplifiers.

I get what you’re saying, looking at the mixer levels, the second oscilator is the dominant sound. So it doesn’t matter what keys I was pressing, as they were -7 semitones down.

2 Likes

I moved this topic to “everything else” category.