Music share thread - Share your work!

Its like an alien planet’s beach.

4 Likes

hey yall! im new here but i wanna share my love for look mum and freaky synth stuff.

i make music with my friend as a synth pop/dance/performance art/alt-goober troupe called salsa chest.
check out our music: https://salsachest.bandcamp.com/releases

6 Likes

Nice… I first got some foster the people vibes, then the talking bits remind of something from the 90’s.

Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

ambient track thingie

6 Likes

I made a thing in 15/16

EDIT: Updated the audio so had to reupload

11 Likes

Again a nice work !
Just a quick note if i can, i’m always surprised where you put the snares in your drum beat.
Probably my rock side, but sometime I miss a standard 4/4 (snare on 2 and 4).
But it may be wanted and your style.
It’s just how I feel

2 Likes

Thanks! I feel you. On this one, the time signature is 15/16 so there wasn’t quite a natural slot for the snare.

1 Like

Not only for this one, I had already noticed that in the last one.

To dig a little deeper for the 15/16 (theoretically who doesn’t really have one, it would be 15 quadruple eighth note, here you thought it more in quarter note).
But we could still have this 4/4, because 15/16 can also be thought of as 1 x 8 (2 x 4 quarter note) + 1 x 7 (1 x 4 + 1x 3), so in the end 3 part in
"4 / 4 "+ one end. Considering the speed and the song rather divide everything by 2, and play a 4/4 + a 2/4 + a dotted eighth note.
sorry i get lost in crazy calculates.
Finally, we could have a whole 4/4 with just the impression that a mini end is missing at each turn.
As for example in the song “Money” by Pink Floyd, it flows we would almost not count but it’s 7/8, the little feeling that it lacks is good, and there the drummer turns a 4/4 snare except at the very end of the measure.

1 Like

I like the flashing lights and the engine reving kinda sound. Could you maybe post a version of this with some big reverb added?

3 Likes

But we could still have this 4/4, because 15/16 can also be thought of as 1 x 8 (2 x 4 quarter note) + 1 x 7 (1 x 4 + 1x 3), so in the end 3 part in
"4 / 4 "+ one end. Considering the speed and the song rather divide everything by 2, and play a 4/4 + a 2/4 + a dotted eighth note.

Awesome. This is rad to chew on. On this track I broke up the 15 notes as 4 3 4 4. It was likely that division that made a snare miss it’s usual spot in the middle.

2 Likes

i dont have any reverb modules lol.

There is a nice Valhalla reverb which is free which you could use. But then again that runs on one of these things some people on this forum would call unmentionable …

5 Likes

oh i dont quite have my computer interfaced with my modular yet! - so I havent figured out how to run it all with the DAW lol.
I know there is a shit ton of cool stuff i could potentially do since I got that DC coupled interface.
i just dunno how to yet haha

3 Likes

I can show you if you like. +1 for Valhalla reverbs, for sure really good sounding reverbs.

3 Likes

hehe thank you! someone recently said it remided them of passport.mid which was a huge compliment! yall remember that? early midi jamerssssssss

Hell ya, sounding good man. Bass comes in growly. I would have enjoyed a section with just the drum and bass :smiley:

1 Like

@heckseven what are you using to control all the Kosmo sequencing? Just the Arturias? And a digitakt?

I’m using a Squarp Pyramid for most of the sequencing.

I see, I thought that was a digitakt. I’ve never heard of it!

Looks fancy!

1 Like

@zumdar on the discord shared with me an online mario paint like sequencer. This thing is fun! Below is a 4 bar noodle I made:

https://danielx.net/composer/#api-AtVEbcBQ7hrO7Npc4pwp-cvgtkl9M031VDRZpJYw6FI

3 Likes