Mail Day Thread

The real reason to buy two dual VCA’s:

9 Likes

Reverb tank to go with the mfos board!

10 Likes

Cool, maybe mine will show up today.

4 Likes

Day 102 in the slowest modular build ever: received some spray-on wood varnish. I’ll be testing it on the plywood blanks to see if I can make a durable and beautiful panel surface for my modules (if I ever get around to building any.)

5 Likes

The one on the right looks stunning! What is it you did there?

3 Likes

Something a little different… let’s see what we can do with it.

6 Likes

That’s just the panel flipped around. Gorgeous!

3 Likes

Sam’s boards all have graphics on both sides, for no other reason than it looks cool and costs nothing… In this case the board is fully symmetrical so it’s possible to flip the panel and show off the normally hidden graphics

4 Likes

Well, that is indeed a reason to buy two in this case. A bit of a shame that such nice decorations end up inside a cabinet where no one can see them.

6 Likes

Got this in the mail today.

Too late now to try it, so I will have to dream about it one more night. But will give it a try first thing in the morning.

7 Likes

sounds like you need more than the " next case" you need the next two cases . problem solved hehe …

3 Likes

Really… I’m already planning on a Kosmo 8-step sequencer, that’s 40 cm gone right there.

3 Likes

I built 6 @ 2’x2’ [60 cm x 60 cm] cases and now that I am finally getting all the PCB’s built that I have purchased over the last year they are filling up . I was actually sitting there thinking about building a couple more, Sam keeps adding cool new stuff . modern G.A.S. for sure , maybe I should just make the stuff I already have work right and learn to use it before adding more ! .

2 Likes

make sure you can put it outside if you protect with a poly/varnish. Its gone stink for a bit.

3 Likes

B100s :wink:

Almost there with everything…

4 Likes

I do love that smell. Thinner, gasoline, naphtha-all fragrances I would buy if I wore cologne.

2 Likes

That applies in spades here, because we live with a parrot and birds have especially sensitive respiratory systems. This is very much a feasibility test. Fortunately I can store the coated panels in the garden shed until they pass the sniff test, and the rack they’re destined for will be upstairs and at the opposite end of the house from the parrot.

3 Likes

I love the smell of Kosmo the morning.

3 Likes

Like a canary in a coal mine test?

With the spray paint that I use, it usually takes 2-3 days until it stops smelling, but I noticed that if I put them outside in the sun (luckily we had some nice sunny days here in northern Germany for the last two weeks), it only takes a few hours!

3 Likes