Mail Day Thread

Voice card for my next polysynth project arrived today. I hope there are not too many flaws :crossed_fingers:

9 Likes

I have to wonder about the logic of designing for parts that small on a board large enough to allow silkscreening both the reference and the value in letters each of which is larger than the part.

3 Likes

agreed… I usually stick to 0805 like my current euro modules. (Just ordered protos for euro Duber!)

This one I posted above, with the 0603, the layout was done by a friend of mine who has been an engineer for over 30 years.
He is helping me convert pretty much the entirety of the ciat-lonbarde plumbutter into eurorack… :smiley:

6 Likes

nice , any github files for these ?

1 Like

This page has all info, BOM, HEX files, and everything.

https://sound-force.nl/?page_id=3179

4 Likes

There’s a panel/PCB set of Attenuverters by @analogoutput plastic wrapped!

-Fumu / Esopus

7 Likes

Lots here

3 Likes

my annalog output stuff showed up today to . better get the 12 other projects done …

7 Likes

There’s always time enough at last!

-Fumu / Esopus

1 Like

this absolute unit and co. arrived today. 3 guesses what I’m making :slight_smile:

9 Likes

12 Likes

The famous pink bag :rofl:

10 Likes

The Ibanez GSR200 in Jewel Blue arrived two days earlier than predicted. It’s a four-string electric bass. The scope of my musical incompetence is still expanding.

13 Likes

Yeah, the bass always comes in too early

9 Likes

Hey that’s a cool bass! I believe our guitar player used to have one of those. I thought it was very nice.
Is it your first bass?

4 Likes

nice , the blue is really sharp. I have always liked the feel of that model , great players .

my bass I have now . Guild B-301 early 70’s fairly light , slim neck easy player . and yep that big ass mahogany head stock has been repaired at least once.
oh I already put the parts away that came today from Tayda so no pictures .

5 Likes

Yes, it is in fact my first ever string instrument. I’m already having fun learning fretting and plucking technique. I should have done this decades ago.

I’m going to try a wireless system. Three metre patch cables are too short.

Has anybody here learned to play a guitar by touch? I’m finding it annoying to look for the frets so my idea is to force myself to learn where they are without looking, from the very beginning.

7 Likes

It sort of comes with time and practice. Whilst I still look a lot my hands also know where stuff is pretty well on their own now, even if the brain doesn’t.

6 Likes

That’s a violin. Which I play and have learned.

5 Likes

Ukulele, where there’s less room for error. I teach beginners who have their eyes glued to the frets, but eventually your hand knows what it’s doing.

6 Likes