Mail Day Thread

PCB day!

Plus a couple more, mentioned over there.

10 Likes

op amp tester ? sounds interesting …
and a VCO with the trim pots up front nice .

2 Likes

Not very, no, but I figured for $4 I’d do it.

3 Likes

not very ? , that is what it says on the pcb no

It does NOT say “interesting” on the PCB!

2 Likes

LOL , ok I get … eventually .

1 Like

Hero VCO? That looks cool, what is it?

3 Likes

A mountain or components for some fun new modules, including two mfos 12 channel vocoders

10 Likes

looks like someone will be busy .

2 Likes

Yes some hours of soldering in perspective
it makes me want :smile:

Some parts for restoring and upgrading a Korg Polysix arrived which I bought in a broken state a few days ago. Fingers crossed!

5 Likes

Oh cool, I used one of those in a photography project at school lol

2 Likes

Indeed, it was a good time. All the boards are populated now but designing/printing the panels and doing all that offboard wiring is gonna be quite the project XD

1 Like

Awesome, I hope it works out. Mind if I ask how much a busted polysix is liable to set one back? Restoring a broken one is the only way I’m liable to ever get one, hah

1 Like

I paid 450 euros for it, too much if you ask me. But overall it’s in a good condition and it’s not damaged by a leaking battery. So I’m pretty confident to get it in a working state.

1 Like

450 Euro seems decent if you are able to get it working, I’ve seen them sold working for triple that. hope it works out for you!

3 Likes

Where do you look for stuff like this?

I search on eBay and the local market. There is an app for used stuff called „eBay Kleinanzeigen“ here in Germany. I live in a big city so there is a bigger turn around in those kind of things. But in general it’s not easy to find old synth related stuff and it’s usually overpriced. You need to be a bit lucky. I’ve been looking for a Polysix or similar for years.

Oh interesting…everything seems to be in the 1000-2000 pounds+ range here…even for non working things. Kinda half tempted to build one myself haha

3 Likes

Take a look at my youtube stuff if you really want to build a polysynth, might be a good starting point. But it’s a lot of work and not exactly inexpensive.

2 Likes