Mail Day Thread

Screenshot 2022-01-30 at 19.11.18

No-mail day thread - nearly a month, still haven’t gotten my bits! Arghaghashgllhasf.

4 Likes

The TEL 5-1222 DC/DC Converter has turned up! So now we just need to print out the BOM and check that I’ve ordered all the correct stuff…

4 Likes

The Speak & Math @CTorp sold me.

-Fumu / Esopus

9 Likes

Happy bending to you :slight_smile: !!!

3 Likes

Nicee! Some AS33xx and CD40xx for my next polysynths project arrived. Let’s get started!

14 Likes

5010 Breadboard helper bundle and some silicone coated 22 AWG wire for wiring up some NeoPixels…

8 Likes

Got my tc electronic prophet delay today :slight_smile:
It’s an amazing delay pedal for the price.
Also i love the minty green colour with my purple drum machine. I need a tracksuit and some nike air max in the same colours :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Game on…

7 Likes

This arrived today - maybe it’s to celebrate my LMNC Thingies cake day?

It’s a Pi-Stomp Kit - a DIY multi-effects pedal based on a Raspberry Pi.
Details here: https://www.treefallsound.com/ but in short it’s like an open source Mod Duo.

Should be fun - I’ve got an enclosure and some other bits and pieces waiting downstairs.
I’m going to try and kit it out with MIDI as well as some CV I/O. Then I’ll see what I can wring out of it, some classic pedals with MIDI control, or there are even some Mutable Instruments LV2 modules floating around (like used in the Poly Beebo/Hector).

Cheers

9 Likes

Fostex D2424LV hard drive recorder and Panasonic AG-HVX201AE Camcorder from the Finland’s public national broadcasting companys auction. Fostex was 180€ and camcorder 170€.
The Fostex can record simultaneously 24 24bit/96kHz tracks. I was sure that they’ll sell it without a hard drive, but it seems to have two 80 GB drives installed. That’s more than enough space. Now I just hope that it works, there wasn’t really much more warranty than that it turns on.

13 Likes

Got this in the mail yesterday, bought it because it shares my cats name =) anyone else do that? Anyone got a gecko called ‘Sir Klon’? Haha
I spent the day building and still got to properly test it.

Nermal - Destructive Distortion.

7 Likes

Thank you @ChristianBloch !! These will come in super handy here very soon! :slight_smile:

12 Likes

I got something in the mail today. Not a module or electronics related to a module but a grill for my k40. Fits perfectly.

7 Likes

Made a Jameco order and picked up one of their component grab bags. Not a whole lot of useful stuff, but it is kinda fun. I did get a 5 pin DIN connector, so I might have to plan on adding some MIDI to my set-up.

4 Likes

I love the silicon coated 22 AWG wires. I use them basically everywhere. You can do really crowded builds with those and never have to worry that the soldering iron will melt them when you fiddle around :laughing:

2 Likes

The problem I have with silicone insulation is it can be too flexible. If I’m using Molex connectors, for instance, when I crimp the pin on and go to shove it into the housing, it doesn’t want to shove in… the wire bends instead. PVC insulation works better for that.

Also, Silly Putty adheres really hard to silicone insulation, as in it’s about impossible to remove completely. Which is a shame because Silly Putty is good for holding stuff (temporarily!) to the workbench.

4 Likes

I mostly use silicone wire for modding the kids Nerf blasters, easier to weave it through the shell. Maybe my crimping skillz are week, or my tool too big, but I’ve never managed to successfully crimp anything that small…

1 Like

Engineer brand crimping pliers are your friend. They are life changing when doing crimped terminals. They aren’t cheap though.

2 Likes

Yeah I use silicone wire inside 3d prints so that when I’m modelling I don’t need to worry about bending radiuses.

1 Like

I think mine are cheapo ratchet jobbies that I bought to do spades large enough to go in the car. Not really suited to finer work… :laughing:

3 Likes