Mail Day Thread

KOSROLZ has arrived!

12 Likes

Received my Farnell order: a +/-12V PSU for my test bench !

By the way, I’m looking for cheap speakers, but I can’t really find what I’m looking for. Do you know any good source/reference?

4 Likes

This turned up today…

It’s not mine, well it is effectively until my son finishes paying me back!!

Still no PCB delivery

4 Likes

last thing ordered for awhile need to finish / trouble shoot all the stuff I all ready have .

7 Likes

Well I continued to wait for deliveries, tried to ring royal mail ( only way to get hold of them is on a central UK number) there seems to be some new Crisis going on that they have not accounted for, something to do with a thing called covid?? Anyway wait times were over 60mins and I had to give up twice. I re-booked one parcel twice, the other I could not as the tracking number was not valid for re-delivery…
The website said you needed a calling card to go to the central sorting office… I did not have that as nobody ever came in the first place. Add to that that the office closes at mid day ( is it not better to spread the visitors over a longer period?) …

Anyway, armed with the website printouts I went to the office today and liberated my two packages.

ooooohhh two…

JLCPCB!!

#1 Revised version of my PSU, very minor updates.

#2 the “Oscar Skipjack” Tuner Oscilator… Modified version of the TUNER VCO, its on a width diet for my Rack, and I am trying something with the VRef…

#3 The ARP-32800 - Based on the designed share earlier this month an arduino Arpegiato. There are plans for a reviesed verison if the test version works.

#4 The “Big Red Buss” a case front mounted Buss bar with switch and LED.s

#5 AS3310 (or is it 20 i forget) , the original one i did failed to work, corrected a couple of erros so fingers crossed.

#6 A control panel for a DMX fixture, this allows quick setting of the DMX address on an arduino based project. The address gets saved to EEPROM, the input is PB86 buttons, both of which ideas will go back in the ARP-32800v2

#7 Yet another mainboard for the CheapStep Pro, I think this is the second to last on this variant…

LP Version of Switched on Bach, More for display than to play.

5 Likes

Need to make the switch cutout a little larger.

Happy though as there was no footprint in kicad. And the finding that mechanical tolerance was part of the point of this pcb set.

7 Likes

My oscilloscope arrived today, also seems that Sams got stock back on the site… well thats another £100 gone :rofl:

2 Likes

It was a gift from my dad! Didn’t expect it to look quite so cool!

11 Likes

I got a lovely new oscillator chip today - the Dip32 version of the SSI2130 Thru-zero FM VCO

2 Likes

Nice…

I have two scopes, One is an ancient dual trace CRT Leader ( I think it’s actually the same one sam has) I got it probably 12 years ago from the school I worked at and I think they got it from the local college!.

And I have a little hand held one, Again I think it’s similar to the little one Sam has.

can’t justify much more than that.

2 Likes

Will have to have a good look at that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yup, that’s the fellow. You might have difficulty getting the dip package version as they were a limited run, but they are due a restock in March. The standard version is that QFN32 you see in the data sheet which is a little tricky to solder

1 Like

bought this electronic Tanpura from India. Cant wait to plug it in to my modular.

4 Likes

What is this, tell us more!

1 Like

Looks really cool! Especially in red! What are these buttons and where can I get them?

1 Like

it’s a Radel electronic Tanpura. I’ve always liked that drone Indian classical music. The Tanpura is the main drone instrument. SO I looked into buying one and found that you can get these electronic versions. You can change the drone and pitch and volume. Theres a line out as well as an in built speaker. mains or battery powered. Cheapest I found was £85 with free postage from India. Hopefully get some time today to plug it into my modular. will post a video then.

3 Likes

Wow?! I looked into this yesterday out of curiosity ( and I like the sound as well ) and the price of shipping from India doubled the purchase price. How did you manage to get free shipping?

1 Like

Amazon prime Sunday delivery 10:30am, ordered yesterday afternoon! No extra cost.

I know some people insist it’s a day of rest, but in a modern world everyone has different rest days…

3 Likes

it was £83.90, plus VAT which was £16.78. on eBay

Take an hour or so mate and watch your old pal Dave on notes and volts. A better primer for teensy you will not find. Also has a great overview on designing and testing MIDI controllers using pure data so you can test all your hardware before you build.
Right, enough N&V fanboi from me.

4 Likes