Mail Day Thread

Picked up this THOMAS 2001 design based on the movie 2001 a Space Odyssey.

9 Likes

That’s small!!!

Can you play Daisy Bell on it??

1 Like

Ohhhhhh I want one just for styling! Even a broken one where I would have to replace the entire inside with something else would do me. That thing looks awesome! Hope it sounds good too

3 Likes

It’s a lot of fun to run it through an Echo Rec and frequency analyzer. I blew up the main output power so just run out the headphone jack into my pedalboard and melt the shit out of it.

2 Likes

Yes!!! After all these years I finally found the laserdisc remote!

4 Likes

mail!

(admittedly not quite as sexy as that awesome 2001 keyboard :upside_down_face: )

9 Likes

@ JUXTAPOZ74 – Have you got incredibly smal hands or is the remote stupidly large?
Had a coupl of Laser Disc players but never a working one.

@Frederik — So what are they? They look used?

2 Likes

Cheese is rice how much did that set you back? Aren’t those about €10 a piece?

That’s a lot of oscillators… bulk discount?

1 Like

I have to admit I don’t have plans for all of them right now, but I don’t think you can have too many oscillators, can you? :smiley:

I paid just under EUR 3.50 / each for that batch, from a source I’ve used before so should be fine. They look about as used as all other Alfa chips I’ve seen (but they could all be used, I guess :slight_smile: )

3 Likes

Ha!! No I just found it and was marveling at how big the remote is. I pulled it out of a box of old computers…

3 Likes

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DONT GET ANY MAIL!!!

4 Likes

:smiley: :star_struck::star_struck: :smiley:

7 Likes

Those Dell Ultra Sharp monitors make OK money on Ebay ( especially ones with Composit ) the Optiplex 7000’s do well too, even the older Optiplexes do OK. (in the UK anyway… )

Rob

2 Likes

I bought in bulk too. Who knows maybe I can shrink everything and make a poly synth.

3 Likes

nice :+1: I’m waiting for the Keystep Pro’s release :+1: :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Yeah, me too! Probably trade in the old keystep while I’m at ir.

2 Likes

I’ve had this minimal oscilloscope and its acrylic case for weeks but didn’t have time to test it. Here it is displaying a sine wave from Bela’s audio line out.

5 Likes

These cheapo oscilloscopes are better than they are touted as. Are they the best? Hell no, but for this community’s purposes i think they are right on the money.

3 Likes

The question I asked myself was, what do I need this kind of instrument for? The fact is that I only need to capture a “polaroid” style snapshot of audio signals. This is well within the capabilities of a cheap microcontroller-based scope.

2 Likes