Mail Day Thread

It’s some real life quantum mechanics effect, I belief. The pots are always in superposition for as long as you try to check them and then only when you finally solder them that collapses the waveform — and always to the wrong orientation :wink:

4 Likes

Little mic modules

6 Likes

Been there done that several times. I had boards made for a schematic that I translated into KiCad only to realize when I was putting the jacks and panel on that I completely did not take into account the height difference between thonkicon jacks and the standard 1/4" jacks we use for Kosmo. I felt like a complete idiot. :woman_facepalming:

I still haven’t fixed it yet. :frowning:

2 Likes

have a project in the works for these ?

1 Like

Got an idea, nothing exotic, just a mic interface module, though unfortunately I ordered the wrong thing. Listing’s here and under “color” there are in fact two different, superficially similar designs (both purple) and I had the wrong one selected. Not that this one’s unusable but I want the gain control. So now I have some of the right ones — I hope — on the way.

3 Likes

Been feeling like I should have a better bench supply.

Used, cheap, works so far.

9 Likes

Today I received the PCBs from JLCPCB of a quadruple envelope generator I’ve designed.

4 of these PCBs will be combined to one module. They can be used independently
or combined. The boards will be interconnected via a flatcable. Details will follow, soon …

6 Likes

If you intend to populate both U3 and U4, you may be up to an unpleasant surprise…

2 Likes

This beautiful ciat-lonbarde FYRALL found its new home.
Needed a speaker repair (since finished)

6 Likes

Per pcbnew’s DRC with standard footprints, these DIP packages

have overlapping courtyards. Pad separation center to center between #4 on top and #1 on bottom is a hair under 0.125".

4 Likes

No surprises here !

5 Likes

cool !
mine IC socket type was more small on the plastic side

when i put an ic inside, it overflows slightly on each sides.

During the week I got this Passive BusBoard from Elby Designs. More power is good power.

5 Likes

Lucky this time :slight_smile:
(20…)

1 Like

This looks rather large. What are its dimensions?

100mm x 200mm. The active BusBoard is also the same size.

Today, I got some new boards, A multimode filter I have been working on for a bit, and some purple V2 boards for my VC ADSR.

A couple of my previous designs have been in my case and working well unaltered, so I am hoping to get these written up and published in the next couple of weeks, but first I have to finish porting my VCV plugins to V2

7 Likes

Looks awesome! I’ve been looking for a multimode filter with voltage-controlled resonance. May I ask, what is the filter topology/core of this design?

1 Like

@TimMJN

I had some ideas from a software filter that I have been repurposing over the years. Electronic wise it is a 4 pole ladder filter based on the AS3320, with the 4 poles tapped and summed to give various modes. I wanted to not use the default resonance as I wanted more character, so I used an LM13700 and some non-linear distortion switchable between symmetrical and asymmetric. As this is negative feedback for the resonance the filter response tends to zero at dc, so I have added some of the original signal back into the feedback path. Oh, I nearly forgot the first pole is switchable by an octave, an idea I got when studying the 303 filter design, although this sounds nothing like a 303 diode ladder.

I shall post some audio when I finish the build :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Please do, I’m very curious! Sounds delicious :drooling_face::drooling_face:

4 Likes