LMNC Discord channel?

It’s fun to chat with y’all. Seems like livestreams are the main option for this currently. I’m wondering if there’s value in a Discord server (or even a channel on an existing Discord server) for spitballing ideas or troubleshooting etc.

I notice there’s often significant discussion on topics that are likely best kept concise and to the point (like the new FAQ thread and the Buy/Sell/Trade thread.

Pros:

• rando ephemeral chatter
  • maybe some organization/collaboration/livestream stuff

Cons:

• yet another communication channel

What do y’all think?

4 Likes

Heck Seven,

If you want to make a dedicated LMNC/Kosmonuts server I’ll be there immediately. Though I have some questions of efficacy. For gabbing along with fellow fans a channel on an existing Discord server may suffice if there’s one for synth DIY although I don’t know of any. I see the pros and the cons. We may have intense arcana and apocrypha. We may become thrown on the pile of what could’ve been in a fortnight.

-Fumu / Esopus

3 Likes

Between a forum and discord there are differences which seem important to me, in particular on the temporality of the conversations, for my part I do not discuss in the same way according to if I am on one or the other, for me the forums serve to store our words that a discord or the conversations although stored remains ephemeral.
On discord there is also the vocal lounges maybe we could test to make jams with latency ^^ Or what if you find an unusual noise and want to share it ?

2 Likes

Discord doesn’t work “in real time” when the people with the answer to your question live on the other side of planet and are sleeping when you ask…

But it can be cool for other stuff, or by region…

1 Like

so does the discord exist yet? that would be rad!

3 Likes

I’ve never used Discord. Is it like Slack?

1 Like

It is very slackish from my experience.

1 Like

But it uses way less resources than slack…

1 Like

Id be up for jumping on a discord channel!

2 Likes

I would as well for sure.

Screw it!!! - https://discord.gg/jTWfVe5XGY

I’ll need some mods to help keep it friendly etc.
Do any of the mods from here fancy helping across on the discord

3 Likes

It will most certainly be a WIP…
Open to any ideas people may have!

3 Likes

Ive hopped on. Discord channels have been discussed before, but no one actually has made one until now.

4 Likes

Didnt know this was a thing, Just jumped in n said hi =]

5 Likes

http://earthmodularsociety.com
heckseven and others have discussion and link to live jams here .

2 Likes