Kassutronics wavefolder

New module from Kassutronics, looks interesting

It even has hidden bonus features for Kosmo builders! Kind of.

There’s schematics in the documentation, so maybe I’ll try breadboarding this sometime. PCB’s only 8.00 €, though, so I’d probably buy one if I decided to build it.

9 Likes

This looks cool, I was about to buy the PCB, but no sales to the UK for orders under £135.

I understand this, due to the large amount of paperwork to ship between the UK and EU.

If anyone within reasonable postage distance ends up with a spare (i wish), I would be happy to buy or swap.

2 Likes

In this schematic it’s for +/- 9V, strange no ?

EDIT : just use a 9V regulator

1 Like

This is cool, it’s the same idea as the BMC021, but the circuit design is totally different. Kassu uses loads of transisters rather than loads of opamps. Haven’t seen it before.

2 Likes

oh thanks now I spent more money …

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s a different design with different behavior. We all probably need both.

2 Likes

From the build docs:

Finally, the transfer function of the wavefolder depends on the balance between the resistor
values, and more importantly the power supplies. The latter means that the calibration of the
module would depends on the supply votlages, and further that any noise on the power supply
propagates to the output. Both of these issues are addressed by ±9 V regulators in the module.

2 Likes

Finally bought the PCB a few months ago and got it done today.

I took advantage of the expansion points to add a second VCA CV and CV for the symmetry.

About 31 wires between the panel and PCB! The latter is held in place with a 3D printed clamp.

About that ±9 V — turns out -9 V regulators are a rarity. On advice of the designer I used ±8 V regulators which are much more readily available, and it works fine with them.

I’ll throw my extra panels up on Tindie soon if anyone wants one.

PXL_20230305_044431189 (trimmed).mp4

Panel and PCB clamp designs here:

5 Likes