Introductions: Say hello, tell us about yourself and your projects

@d42kn355 has a few threads about video synth you might be interested, just search em up!

6 Likes

Hi GRAVEWAVE , IATSE local 38 [ Detroit ] here , prop maker . yeah Sam is quite entertaining and gets you stuck on this synth thing . so lots of good info here and people willing to help if you choose the synth rabbit hole …

1 Like

I was wondering what the hell that thing by my name was , apparently its been a year I have been on this forum while it doesn’t seem like that long , though a lot of you do seem like old friends . so here’s to another year with all of you and hopefully many more ! :beers:

4 Likes

Awesome! I’ll be browsing this thread for sure. I was looking at getting the CHA/V and also check out some LZX modules as well. I was playing with some critter & guitari boxes working on a music video for a friend and was wondering what was out there that had more control. The start of my journey haha

1 Like

Rad! Prop maker seems like a fun gig too. I used to freelance a lot but the past few years I’ve been at a company working with IATSE Local 600 folks as on set camera support and special projects.

1 Like

Im finding a lot of folks that work film also show up here. Former IATSE local 479 here, did it with my wife. We did both sound and craft service gigs. Wife got the better sound gigs though, like Antman. I just got Tyler Perry gigs and a brief stint for Insurgent.

4 Likes

Hello. I’ve started building a mini-kosmo format of sorts. 6.5" by 3" because that’s the size of the panels I was able to get. I want to build it all from scratch, no pcbs becuase I’ve been learning electronics and love these instruments and want to have one that I really understand. I’ve built 4 modules so far - a mortiz klein ‘shapes’ vco, an ‘all about circuits’ vco, an avalanche vco, a kassu blog adsr, a mish mash white noise/random gate, and a thomas henry vca so far.

Live in the east village, new york. love the smell of smoking rosin-based flux and learning a hell of a lot and looking forward to learning from all of you.

Want to build a great vcf,a midi interface to my old ensoniq mirage to control the modular.

Thinking of making panels that look like book spines; covered with old book spines so that I can install the modular on my shelf and looks like I am playing my library. But not sure I like panels that thin yet.

11 Likes

AKS 2346,

Hey. Enjoy the topics and fellow modular DIYers here. I’ve gotten into looking for components and custom ordered boards. I’m still several months from bringing a modular to power. I’m highly enthusiast towards having that first electronic festival live from Manhattan Valley, New York.

-Fumu / Esopus

4 Likes

Welcome @AKS2346 , lots to read and lots of advice too for the asking. Do post your progress.
Now open a window and stop sniffing solder. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

welcome in the forum :slight_smile:
i make all my modules from stripboard too, maybe this thread can interest you ( MS20 VCF/ Steiner Parker VCF, Arp2600 VCF )

1 Like

Thank you for saying hi. I’d enjoy learning about that fesitval

1 Like

Dud, Thank you. I appreciate your hello and I’ll take a look at that note

3 Likes

Thank you for saying hello. And yes I’ll stop sniffing the solder. But that rosin flux has that nice piney candle smell to it! I have put on my desk to blow it away now. Now to ventilate that spray can paint for the panels!

5 Likes

AKS 2346,

Now I regret having not pulled the curtain away to reveal it was my living room.

-Fumu / Esopus

2 Likes

seems most shows these days are from the living room thanks to the covid shit .

1 Like

Hi From Herne bay,
I just start to build A studio in an old Forge, Its grate to have a space were I can make music at club level,
looking to start building sume new toys,

7 Likes

Welcome @psystu. Do keep us posted on your studio build.

1 Like

Welcome @psystu. I love to see pictures of your studio in the Forge!

1 Like

@psystu … Cool! ( or I hope it is now! ) Welcome

2 Likes

Hello !

My name is Jim van Hazendonk and I live in Austria.
I love electronic music, 3D printing, and building things.
Saw the video of LMNC about the super simple oscillator and thought… let’s give it a try.
This will enable me to create an instrument and hopefully learn some electronics along the way.

My ultimate goal is to create a fully working synthesizer together with my son :slight_smile:

7 Likes