Inspirational Videos

There are lots of music stuff i watch over again…

Orbital have always had a place in my heart, the hartnols seem to be able to craft smooth hypnotic beats…

I have not watched any Dr Who since the 80’s … but the theam tune has always been one to hook you in…

This 2010 performance has always been a favourite.

5 Likes

I am also massively into lighting, and this is cool but rudimentary now!!

1 Like

That was Matt Smith in 2010. Wikipedia tells me he appeared with Orbital at Glastonbury on June 27, which happened to be the day after the final episode of his first series as Doctor Who was first broadcast. I wonder how many Orbital fans were scratching their heads and saying “David Tennant’s chin looks much bigger in real life.”

1 Like

yeah. It’s Matt…

They did a few appearances, and there are a few remixes they have done but i think this is the best version they did.

2 Likes

I wonder if Peter Capaldi (Matt’s successor, who actually plays electric guitar and did so in character on the show) has ever played Glastonbury. He should have.

2 Likes

yeah, i think that encapsulates why i went of who…

2 Likes

More of a metal guy, and there this lighting guy (and band, for that matter) is hard to beat:

(youtube is full of videos of him “playing” his console)

4 Likes

I went off Who when that new young one came along with his checky pants. Then I went off it again when the one with the lace and the velvet jacket came. By the time the one with the scarf and the curly hair came along, I was completely done with it. But it kept on getting worse. After fifty-seven years you’d think they’d realise they’re flogging a dead horse.

Seriously though, I really love the show, but the bit about not liking William Hartnell’s first lot of successors much is true. The fact is I was a small child when I saw Hartnell and he was just the right actor to play the part. Then they use some hocus pocus to make him disappear and some impostor gets wheeled in to take his place. I really noped out of that.

1 Like

Google the late 70‘s punk band “The Dreamboys”.
Peter capaldi and craig Ferguson. Scots punk at it’s most camp.

2 Likes

I love how they actually let Eleven have at a keyboard, while the Hartnolls are basically standing behind turntables with their hands in the air, banging their heads. They’re from @lookmumnocomputer ‘s neck of the woods IIRC. Maybe they’ll come by the museum to see a thousand oscillators oscillating some time.

2 Likes

Seven Oaks according to Wikipidea… Nice little town and yeah it’s the county of Kent so not far from Sam. Used to live down that way myself for a year 25 years ago!

3 Likes

Nice setup:

7 Likes

for me, colin is up there for sure…

5 Likes

yeah absolutely his quarantine jams were awesome .

2 Likes

ah Colin Benders ! yes :+1:

3 Likes