Inspiration / what u listening to

Steve Roach at SoundQuest Fest 2021. Steve is one of the masters of ambient music I’ve been listening to (on and off) for more than 30 years. I especially like the quality of his acoustic recordings. They always sound impeccable.

SoundQuest Fest, first experienced as a live festival in Tucson Arizona in 2010 was created by ambient music pioneer Steve Roach. Picking up where this left off the 2021 version united a worldwide gathering of artists and audience members together for a 3 day online event unique in the realm of ambient music. Presented From March 26-28th the event was a groundbreaking moment for this genre of music with a continuous 3 day flow of streamed performances, audio-video wonder worlds, Ambient VJ sets, Interviews and music videos on TimeroomTV and deep immersion zones.

No change of gear with cumbersome rewiring necessary though when switching to a different theme. For the 2nd part of this performance, he simply walks to another studio which is also packed with gear:

4 Likes

Nice, thx for that :slight_smile:

just listened to that last night . good stuff , on the play list .

1 Like

Nice !

5 Likes
2 Likes

This song had me at 0:00.

3 Likes
1 Like

This is currently my favoritest album ever. (lol)

1 Like

This is an old friend of mine , maybe you like it ?

2 Likes

I will check it out tomorrow :slight_smile:
I listen to alotta black metal and atmospheric black metal :smiley:

He is a one man band called Throndt, his stage name is Fergen Grimnir and he sings about the old stories and legends of the area. He also plays bass in the band Idhafels.
We used to deliver newspapers together as teenagers. At that time I still had my vest with the huge “Bad Religion” patch on the back, of course also Sepultura, Napalm Death, Cannibal Corpse, Gorefest and Slayer. We had a very, very good time back then.

1 Like

ah yes! sorry for the late reply, been working on some guitar pedals and just hit a brick wall eith them and havent been at the electronics desk in months

but the megadrone keeps screaming at me so im getting it done! its gonne go right in the top slot of that case right there!

i have it filled with green LED’s too, with the green cables its a beautiful thing! im gonna do a stream soon and make a song with it

4 Likes

Ayyyy was hoping you’d be back! When’s the new album dropping? I got .wav, good stuff! I especially like partial fugue and 20:25

2 Likes
2 Likes

ahh thanks my friend!

it was 7 years between Tesla and .Wav so lets hope the next one doesnt take me so long!

tbh since properly diving in to analogue gear a few years ago i find it pretty hard not to write music, so im sure i will formulate something soon

Partial fugue was such a fun record to right, its both silly and serious

3 Likes

YouTube just brought up this classic 1986 performance:

(it must have been posted here before, but I cannot find it…)

5 Likes

" there is only one hope for humanity , the synthesizer "

1 Like
7 Likes