Gremlins Gone - What not to do with the FCUK Microbus

Hey! Every single bug in my Kosmo is gone! To recap the highlights:

• oscillators sometimes unstable - i spent months on this one
  • high noise floor

It turns out the solution was really simple!

tl;dr: If you are having power issues with chained Microbusses, separate them.

I have two primary cases with two FCUK Microbusses in each one. The Microbusses are chained together (properly). I did this to avoid having two power bricks per case. The adapters I used are AC/AC 12V 2amp adapters. That should be plenty to power these things. That said, it was about the only adapter I could find in the US so I got what I got.

On a whim, I decided as a last ditch effort to drill holes in my cases in order to separate each Microbus. That means two adapters per case effectively doubling the power (ish). This completely eliminated any issues I had. No more wobbly oscillations. No noise floor. The last one was surprising.

I don’t think the Microbusses are the issue. I suspect the 12V adapters were the limitation, but, like I mentioned above, I haven’t found great alternatives.

Anyhoo. Feels good to see everything working well.

9 Likes

That’s weird, I run two FCs on one brick in my case, haven’t had any oscillator issues. Maybe some noise tho maybe I’ll test it

4 Likes

Yeah. I suspect it has something to do with the adapters as well. Perhaps that specific combo.

1 Like

Interesting, when I asked about linking microbuses it was suggested I pair each with its own walwart.

1 Like

This sounds suspiciously similar to the problems I have been having.

Question, what was your noise floor before, and what is it now? Cheers,