Fixing Barrels on PCB's / Thickness of Kosmo PCB's / Size of Eyelet Holes?

Yes and no. My Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 was sent to the manufacturer for a discounted replacement. I am temporarily using a single midi card for my controller input until I receive my replacement unit.

Thanks for this! So it’s just jack sockets and potentiometers. Crazy. Okay. I’ll build it.

2 Likes

Yup! Basically just a thing to add a bit of variable resistance to something.

Headphones are about the worst thing you can plug random audio signals into; they have low impedance (so can easily overload the output stage), are pretty fragile, and typically have no protection, so should only be used with circuitry explicitly designed to drive them. I suggest testing with some cheap active computer speakers instead, if you have some nearby.

(I say “cheap” but more expensive ones may have even more headroom, but then you’d have to fully trust a random guy on the Internet and I’d be a bit careful with that :smiley:)

3 Likes

I plugged in the only thing that I had which I didn’t care if I had to throw away :slight_smile: I haven’t had computer speakers since 1997 and my other headphones were all a fair bit of money so I definitely didn’t want to ruin any of them. I saw someone post a week or so ago about the 1222 and someone responded to this person saying that they should hear something if they plugged it into something (I think they were wanting to plug it into an amplifier?) I didn’t realize that you could hear anything without having a clock source so I grabbed those cheap headphones (didn’t put them in my ears at all…no no no) and just tried to listen to see if I could hear anything to be able to know if I had put the modules together correctly. I heard something briefly on a couple of the jacks until the headphones got too hot and died. I have no more cheap, tossable, headphones left to attempt checking anything else. Promise it won’t be a habit! :slight_smile:

2 Likes