Fart Box Builds

yep! they were intended for tour only, but due to no tours going on! I have another load coming, they are inverted though. doing a limited run of black on white. pithing the next 7 days!

4 Likes

Shameless attempt to get me to buy one. :laughing:

4 Likes

Oh yes gonna get farty thanks @lookmumnocomputer!

6 Likes

I thought I should add this! its a response to an email I got yesterday

Can i power the fart box with my eurorack power supply?

YES

You can just skip a few components on the fart box as it has a built in power filter

No need to solder in :-

D9

D10

D11

D12

D13

D14

U8

U9

C17

C18

The above are the components you won’t need if your powering it from the Eurorack. You can still put them in, it will work either way

Solder the eurorack +12v to the positive leg of C4

Solder the eurorack -12v to the negative leg of C5

Solder GND to the negative leg of C4

That will make it powered by the eurorack power

7 Likes

its awesome fredrik! looking forward to seeing it buzzzz… or should I say fart

3 Likes

On the flip side of this, what would be the best way to power a couple additional modules from the fart box power supply?

The reverse — get the voltages from C4 and C5, where you’d inject them if you didn’t use the supply.

2 Likes

Hey all, almost got my fart box good to go! Question, what do the trim pots do?

Thanks!

The upper ones are 3340 scale trimmers (check the various 3340 threads for how to best trim them), the others shift the triangle output up and down, iirc. Not entirely sure what to aim for with those, but odds are @lookmumnocomputer has some suggestions.

2 Likes

Thanks!

Got mine mostly working, but I was using spare salvaged caps from other electronics and parts might be bad, so ordered some new things. My cutoff/resonance doesn’t seem to be working as I imagine it should be.

The BOM had switches as “on-off-on”, but I’m now wondering if they should be off-on? Anyone know?

Pretty sure that’s an error. Haven’t switched mine yet, but I will eventually.

2 Likes

I dont suppose anyone has a copy of the fart box bill of materials??? its disappeared and I can not seem to find it! if not thats ok ill make a new one, but I thought id first ask! thanks

Huh, I was looking at that not that long ago, and then somewhat asked what a BOM was so I linked to it but didn’t save a copy, because, you know, “the cloud” and all that.

Have you double-checked if it ended up in drive.google.com/drive/trash by mistake?

(I was about to suggest searching your drive for “1DJFKooefsL-sErRvynaODwfEZe6ILGkZ” but seems you cannot search for document codes…)

Oh, I wondered why you posted about the BOM in the german supplier thread, but that’s where I mentioned it. Which I discovered after moving the posts here. Oh well :smiley:

I got a copy, I will send you an email

2 Likes

lol sweet, ive been waiting for this bit of specs to proceed with the panels. :smiley:

• it only took me 13 days to see it LOLOLOL
1 Like

I also need a BOM copy. Also realized i lost that when my hard drive died.

1 Like

Sent to you on FB, check in message requests

1 Like

Got it! Thank you kindly!! :smiley:

I kinda like the juxtaposition here of FaceBook and FartBox.

5 Likes