EasyEDA footprint names [was What's in a name (EasyEda related question)?]

Names, names, names. Whenever I struggle to find stuff on line or in an application it is when I do not know the word for a specific thing. I’m looking for the symbol for a pin header (preferably 1x12) AND foot print in EasyEdaś libraries. The only things I can find are KiCad symbols without footprints (what use are they in a pcb-design library?). Furthermore I’m looking for the 16 pin version of the EuroRack header including its footprint. Again I can only find a symbol, but no footprint. I would expect there to be many versions of it, so I must be looking in the wrong place or using the wrong search words (names). Can anybody give me a hint?

Try looking in the community section. There are quite a few of 16 pin headers for eurorack. I haven’t really found a official 16 pin header. But the community ones work.

1 Like

Where/how can I find this community section?

1 Like

here you go hope this helps.

2 Likes

Ah, the ‘user contributed’ section does not show up until you do a search. Hadn’t caught that yet!

2 Likes

Yeah it through me for a loop too. Since I started using easy eda. Glad I was able to help.

2 Likes

Double check the footprints to whats found in the datasheets. Also, learning how to make your own footprints in EDA is a valuable thing i have found. It is actually pretty easy! I did this to make custom footprints for the short slide pots in my control module.

3 Likes

I’ve sat for an hour looking for footprints, when it really isn’t that bad to make your own and I could have been done already. The last time I got a footprint off the net it fucked me though, so maybe I’m just scared.

3 Likes

I do this for my pcbs designs on a piece of foam for double checking.

Project: Foammy Foam

It lets you test component size and placement clearance too double check foot prints. It kinda like a pinned up dissection of a frog. Learned this from Ben Heck a Console modder “DO it on paper first, PCB material ain’t cheap”

2 Likes

Finally decided to clean up my guitar synth cables. I used to use a lot of Roland GK equipment. I’m adding DIN 13 sockets to my routing block as I have a few circuit board mount sockets in my dross.
But search how I might I can’t find a footprint in easy eda. Any ideas?

Hey, I’m just taking my first steps in EasyEDA and am looking for a very simple footprint for 0805 or 1206 resistance with 100k. I only see resettable fuses or induction coils. What should I look for or am I too stupid? I have already tried Resistor SMT 1206 100k. PLEASE HELP! I would like to finally have my own circuit board!
:frowning:

All the value resistors in 1206 will have the same footprint, so adding 100k to the search might be messing you up. I don’t have easyEDA but it’s there somewhere!

Found one but in a very crazy way of searching ^^

Standard components are in the EELib to the left. Pick symbol (US or “EU”), click dropdown and select footprint:

1 Like

THX but i´m in the PCB view and need the footprints not the schematics

You add the footprints in the schematics editor when you place the component. Or did you skip the schematics?

1 Like

right i´ve skipped the schematics and startet only in the pcb view

Is there a general rule of thumb for how big to make solder pads and solder masks? The last boards I had were a pain to solder because I made the pads too small.