DIY Monitor/Input Switcher

Hey everyone!

I’m in need of a rackmountable box that will let me select between three stereo inputs and assign one of them to my pair of studio monitors. I know there are products out there like the ProCo Switch Witch, as well as a few products from Mackie and Behringer, but I would rather honestly just build it myself. The problem is, I don’t really know where to start! Ideally, it would be a rackmount unit with 3 stereo inputs on the back, and 1 stereo output for the monitors. I’d like to have 3 buttons/switches on the front to select the input. Bonus points if I’m able to add passive volume knobs for each input also! Can anyone point me in the right direction or provide a little insight? Any help is appreciated!

2 Likes

Most modules have all connectors on the front. So what kind of module are you thinking of? Are you looking for a kosmo sized module or a euro rack sized module? Given the things you want this could easily be a DIY project for a beginner since no active electronics are involved.

1 Like

Hey Jos!

Appreciate the reply! This wouldn’t actually be a module for my synth setup, but a 2U 19” rackmount unit for my recording/monitoring setup. Any help or guidance is appreciated :sunglasses:

1 Like