Any simple DIY random stereo module? Or else to increase sound space in ambient?

Hey,
I’ve been wondering is there any simple DIY module for stereo sound randomly smoothly switch between channels? Most of the modules are mono I guess, but effect to use one of the ambient sound to double it and for example delay one of the channels a little bit, smoothly go from one channel to another may increase a lot scene and ambient effect at all. As you can see I have no idea how to name it and search it myself : D

I remember post-rock/ambient guitarists uses effects like this, maybe any guitar pedal? Here have some post rock to get the idea, had to be used on this CD.

it isn’t random but an output stereo mixer :

I would just add some CV in (maybe a simple vactrol)

4 Likes

Thanks, thats another module I have to choose - I think about some mixer with 2 stereo outputs - to listen live and to record one. But I guess thats another topic.

Maybe look at it as a fader module?

if you add a CV input on the pots (right/left, not the volume pot), with a voltage sent for example by a Sample and Hold and an Env, you could switch the sound from right to left randomly

1 Like

Yeah, but only with 2 states - on and off as I assume? I want something that could change the volume of the signals I guess? And then add as 2 channels to the mixer?

no with a CVin it’s not only on / off, with an Envelope Gen you can make a curve like you want.

on this of @Doolang each input have his own panoramic pot (8 in total)

6 Likes

Thanks.
Seems to be more complicated that I though, will reconsider this option later : )

2 Likes

You can use something like this if you were to combine it with a noise source and a sample-and-hold through a slew, I think:

1 Like