Casio DG-20 repair

Does anyone know of someone who can help me get my Casio DG-20 midi guitar repaired? I know @lookmumnocomputer is a fan of these things but mine is broken.

The link below has the exact fix I need, but I don’t have the skills nor the tools for it. It’s a real shame because it was a fun instrument and it would hook up nicely with the projects I am working on.

Any ideas?

2 Likes

Hi there, sorry I have just seen this.
I’ve repaired and restored a few dg10’s and 20’s and that included the hardware sometimes.
For the posts I took the broken section to a local machine shop and they milled me a new one for pennies.

1 Like

Hey… That’s good to know, but… Tell me… Where is your local machine shop?

2 Likes

They were on the board at a shop in Edinburgh called Omni Electronics. Not used them since the 00’s

My solution for that part when I broke it a few years back was using a short M3 screw (about 8mm) a really long M3 screw (I think it was like 70mm) and a small 3D printed part with a notch to match the groove, a hole for the screw, and 2 holes for the string. I have found a few thing wrong with my first design, but I can try finding it and posting it to a 3dprinting site, but it needs something to protect the string from getting too much bite from the screw that holds the string to it’s tensioning part.

3 Likes

Hey, as luck would have it, I just got a 3d printer! Please do share what you have… Maybe I can get this DG running again!

Thanks❤️

1 Like

Here you go! Good luck on getting your DG running, it’s a lot of fun. I just broke it (AGAIN) changing out the string a few months ago, this time it was one of the “String fixers” the equivalent to it’s pick up, snapped off on me and it’s a a part that needs to be metal. I need to find a turning service that would be cheaper than another DG.

1 Like

Aw man that’s a shame… But I am so happy that you posted this. Honestly, I wasn’t having the best of days but you just put the love back in my heart. Cheers fam!