Braids to KOSMO Conversion Panels - and a Question!

Hey all!

So I found the Braids Panel Dimensions and decided to make a Braids to KOSMO Conversion Panel.

This Conversion with only require a couple things.
1: Desolder the original x6 3.5mm Jacks from the PCB (be sure to use solder wick to clean the holes)
2: Obtain 6 TruConnect (or TC Box Style) 1/4" Jack Sockets and pop them into the Conversion Panel
3: Wire all Corresponding Pins from the Jacks to the Board where the 3.5mm Jacks used to be.
4: Affix the Braids PCB to the back of the Conversion Panel, mount all of your Potentiometers and you should be good to go!

• I haven’t received my Braids yet, I will have it later this week to decide if any additional supports are needed)

I do plan to add graphics and all of that.

Any suggestions?
I will probably sell a few of these if anyone if interested!

And onto the Question…
braids
Sam has a Switch on BOTH of his KOSMO Braids Conversions that he did… does anyone have the slightest clue of what this could be?
Are there any known Braids Modifications?

5 Likes

Rough Draft of the Label Graphics.

6 Likes

Alrighty, I think I have the graphics where I want them :smiley:

6 Likes

Nice! ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎

1 Like

TBH, if it weren’t for you and your PCB Front Panel Guide I would definitely not be where I am at with this.
A big thanks also goes to @threetom for his recent guide on his blog. (I still REALLY want one of his panels with the LED backlights :smiley: )

And to all the suggestions I’ve gotten (like from @ChristianBloch in regards to the Soldermasking) :smiley:

3 Likes

@d42kn355 I’m happy to see that people find my little guide useful :slight_smile:

As far as those illuminated blanks go, I’m expecting the LEDs and the other components early next week. Some other people have been inquiring about them, so I will probably put a small batch on offer (that is if my little experiment turns out to be successful) :slight_smile:.

4 Likes

Looks so nice! Honestly better than the original “professional” plate. Haven’t quite decided where to put it, need to rearrange my case a bit.

The conversion is pretty straight forward only took about 45 minutes. Thank you for labeling the jacks on the backside too haha.

7 Likes

very nice !!! …

2 Likes