Baby 8 step sequencer schematic

No argument here. The fact that something this basic is not made clear or standardized by professional manufacturing is a shame that makes blue smoke of retail and DIY alike. Im just a fanatic about buffering and attenuation.

2 Likes

I could be rly interested in a verified stripboard layout :grinning:

3 Likes

I think we’re all interested. Dud’s previous stripboard submissions have been excellent. No pressure @Dud :wink:

1 Like

Let the guy breadboard it first!

2 Likes

that’s nice, but sorry you must be confusing with someone else, i think i never posted a verified stripboard.
I have the software recently, and I had to post a layout stripboard for a CVLFO, Active real ring modulator, Dual Sloth Chaos, Dual Balter delay gate, Multi PWM and the Baby 8 but all not verified :sleepy:

I have nothing to test without removing modules from old cases (i never do it), i wait to make a new case with power and test all module one by one.

Other layout done but not posted, a Manual Dial phone gate, a Dual Jostick / Wheel CV and a Triple LFO.

4 Likes

the power (V+) at the CV output is proportionnal with the power of the clock signal input ? or with the power of the IC ? thx

All these screenshot look familiar, I guess you already found this page. If not, I leave it here nevertheless. Nice collection around the topic.

1 Like

Of the IC.
I don’t think it is really proportional, more like some constant value below Vcc, whatever Vcc is.

1 Like

Pas d’erreur, juste une imagination positive. J’adore vos schémas de croquis et c’est formidable de les voir venir au stripboard. Bonne chance mon ami!

1 Like

thanks @eric

merci beaucoup à toi, ça fait toujours plaisir :smiley:

1 Like

If I’m reading the datasheet right, the high output voltage is 0.05 V below Vdd minimum, and equal to Vdd typically. So with +12 V supply the high outputs at the pins are at least +11.95 V, typically +12 V. Low is 0 V.

2 Likes

the layout with all mods

5 Likes

Can I suggest an additional mod at this point? A chain mod to add several baby8s together. Just a thought?

2 Likes

good idea with an AND gate with diodes, a switch jack , i see … the reset part seams more complicated

1 Like

Brilliant! I look forward to that.
Some kind of sequential switch with the return wired at the back and only activated by the switching jack? If it was easy we’d all be doing it but if anyone’s up to the challenge it’s you. Now enough praise, back to work :smiley:

1 Like

Is the input voltatge devider on the op amp correct for 12V

15V with 100k and 15K gives ~2v
12V with 100k and 15k gives ~1.5v

Or am i missing something

Remembered that modular in a week covered linking baby 8s if that’s any help.

4 Likes

That sets the threshold for the comparators. You could argue the 15k should go up to more like 20k but it’s not critical.

1 Like

This is nice, i want to try your layout but i have to wait for pushbuttons and diodes lol. Do you want to fit this in a 10cm wide module? I’m picturing it in my mind, beautiful…

1 Like

yes 10 cm ! look here a small drawing

2 Likes