Arduino Nano Midi?

yeah well use to that.

but these knockoff knock offs are not even a 328… limited ram limited clock… I bought 20 cheap from a semi reputable ebay seller but got little traction on a refund.

I spent days last year learning and trying to get them to run code at the right speed and output serial data at the right speed. but never ticked both boxes and must have somehow impacted the 328’s too…

So problem solved, and i have 20 keyrings to give to people…

Cheers

Rob

3 Likes

im actually glad its happened , I like the idea of a bare bones 328 DIP with just the ISP ( ISP is something i learned to get working last year )…

Just waiting for delivery…

2 Likes

Well I am chuffed with that…

Spent ages hunting round for breadboard that was in plain sight, I put it on top of the mains 4 way…
Spent aged hunting round for the 16mhz xtals… here and at home. They were in plain sight too.

Got the ground pin on the +ve rail but spotted in final checks.
Got the ISP back to front when plugging in first go.

Bootloader loaded fine with ISP right way round

Code loaded but no blink

Got mixed up on the digital pin I was using

Code loaded but no blink

Still mixed up on the pin.

Code loaded BLINKEY :slight_smile:

7 Likes

It’s amazing! When I’m super proud dancing around 'cause I got a led to blink and then show it to other people all I get is a blank look - like, it’s just a flashy light. But they don’t understand… they just don’t understand…

Looking forward to seeing the next steps.

7 Likes

Go you! I’ll have to flash an ATMEGA644p for the Module Tester soon. Not worried, nope, not a bit.

3 Likes

It’s probably 17 years since I last messed with a naked microcontroller.

4 Likes

You know this is a safe space but there is such a thing as over sharing :relaxed:

2 Likes

dfhfsffsahaa

2 Likes

Without going back to the ATmega328/168 datasheet, I can’t say for sure, but looking at your board.txt and the fact that a reinstall fixed it, I’d imagine it was perhaps some weirdness between the low_fuses setting and the f_cpu setting…

Glad you got it sorted!

Kevin

1 Like

Many many thanks for posting this (and of course for sharing it). I was making the MIDI to CV from Elkayem but nothing was working.

Then, funny part, i realised that the LEDs were flashing at the correct tempo or gates every time i was switching it off.
What made it go from not working to “working as expected” is the pullup resistor. 500r didn’t work for me. I am using 5k and it works great. (Also works without any btw)
Posting this in case someone follows Elkayem schematic and ran in some issues.
Working with keystep37 and a cheap arduino. :wink:

3 Likes

link to the schematic??

1 Like

Well this is where I am up to,

A dual personality sub board that can be used for any project to save space. It has both Arduino and ATMEGA328 footprints , the clock can be derived on board or from an external xtal. The two other DIP packages are for dip switches to set filter chanels.

Primarily the initial function is for the FILTER.

SB

This is a 1 in multi out main board. Will take 4 of the SUB boards to build a 4 way filter.

Mostly it’s now an excercise in expanding design skills going more 3D in a new way.

4 Likes

I have added it to my reply

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s what I based the MCVI on. Modified almost everything, but you can see the resemblance…

Yo dawg I heard you like pin headers

1 Like

A very good point :wink:

Would have worked, I had adjusted the schematic to match the correct pins, I did wonder why it was flipped, never occurred to me and too bloody obvious to spot.

1 Like

Was having a play and built a Nano Midi Shield… Sent to print today so see how it goes.

3 Likes