Ardiuno code downloads?

So I have the loaded up Ardiuno IDE from the internet. I just really want to know how you go about putting the code onto the Nano, correctly . Say, like loaded LMNC’s Big Button code for it , as in the actual install. I know you have to put it into a “sketch” book format and then load it onto the Nano, I guess. If someone could please give me a guide of sorts , so when I do it , I know its gonna be on the Nano. I do see the led on the Nano flashing , but not sure it went onto it. My problem is the text I see reads that the code was not put into a "sketch’ . so it is not being made possible . Any help , thanks stay safe and healthy all.

2 Likes

The code should be in a .ino file.
If you double clic on it, it should open the arduino IDE.
(If it asks you to create a directory and move the file, clic yes)
Then check in the Tools->Board menu, you should have Arduino Nano selected.
Tools->Processor should be one of the ATMega328P, it depends when and where you did buy your Nano (even nowadays some chinese clones come with the old bootloader). Just try both…
Then Tools->Ports is also a case of trying them all…

To upload the sketch to the nano, simply clic on the right arrow (second icon) in the top left of the window.
You should have a lot of giberish in the bottom part of the window, with a last line telling you everything went OK.
If not, try one of the alternatives in the Tools menu.

3 Likes

I include setup and how to load code in my DIY MIDI controller wiki :slight_smile: :

4 Likes

This might also be useful.

5 Likes

thank you very much , yes this is helpful

1 Like

Dont worry if i can bash my head into some code enough and make a midi drum trigger… im sure you’ll get along with arduino just fine =)

Speaking of big buttons - I need to get mine all wired up, its pretty much all ready to go.
thanks for the reminder =)

2 Likes

you are welcome, good luck its a great thang synths