AO MCVI MIDI to CV

I just use 2 15 pin headers - this way I can put components underneath the Arduino.

3 Likes

Woops, my bad! Post edited.

Thx but i was talking about a solution for the stripboard software (“DIY Layout Creator”), because i’ve used a pic of an arduino
In the real world i use 2x15 pin headers too :slight_smile:

Well, you could use 2x15 pin headers in DIYLC. Whether that’s better or not is a matter of taste.

1 Like

Hey, I’m thinking about using your design for the midi in on my monosynth, I was hoping to use the velocity for simple amplitude modulation by controlling the “level cv” of an electric Druid envgen8 chip (0-5v input)

How does that velocity output behave? Does it output a constant velocity value until a new velocity is entered? Or is it just a pulse on key press?

If it’s just a temporary pulse then I’d have to attack the problem some other way, either going for the vca instead of the envelope or use a sample and hold maybe?

2 Likes

On my version, it stays up until a new key is pressed.

3 Likes

I’m using much the same software (some features added and some reorganization but mostly the same algorithm) so should be the same answer. When a key is pressed it generates a gate, a trigger, a pitch CV, and a velocity CV; gate stays on as long as the key is pressed and CVs stay the same until a different key is pressed.

Anyway, it’s software, so if it doesn’t behave how you want, you can change it in software.

3 Likes

This looks great, presume you don’t have any pcbs or panels left over anymore dude?

If not is it just a case of finding someone to print a pcb from your designs? not printed a board before!

No boards left, but not hard to make more:

5 Likes

ah wonderful, gonna check this out. cheers dude

3 Likes