Alternative buttons and Kosmo conversion for the Sonic Potions Penrose Quantizer

Has anyone out there tried using a larger set of buttons for the Sonic Potions Penrose Quantizer?

I just finished putting my Penrose kit together enough to test it; But ideally I’d like to ditch the tiny Eurorack format and mount it behind a Kosmo panel with big chunky arcade style buttons.

The buttons that come with the kit are PB6149L-13-102, and they’re listed as a SPST off (on) button.
I’m confused because these buttons have (not counting the LED connectors) four connection points instead of two. I’m looking at the datasheet now, and it looks like the #2 and #4 connectors are just copies of the #1 and #3. I checked it with a meter, and the are connected together. Is there something I’m missing here that makes these extra connections necessary?

I did find other SPST off (on) buttons online with four connectors, but most of them are a similar size to the ones I already have. Every big “Kosmo sized” button I’ve come across only has 2 connectors

I assumed it was just to make the mount job sturdier on tiny buttons?

No, you got it. Perfectly replaceable with arcade buttons.

Cool.

Good thing too. These hands of mine are just way too big and manly for Eurorack.

2 Likes