Wav Trigger Sampler Module

Hello All,

Recently I’ve been planning a Wav Trigger Sampler build and I was wondering whether anyone has had any experience or luck with this concept. It would be great to hear of any past builds or uses of the Wav Trigger, or any advice based around using it in Kosmo Format :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The video & patreon links here might be useful:

3 Likes

Ah thank you fredrik, didn’t see that post, I’ll check it out now, thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have one, its on my build list too.

1 Like

Looking forward to see what you do, I want to do a module as well.

1 Like

Hi MTTT17 You can also use a teensy! that is a sort of powerful Arduino. there are some great examples and blog post on the teensy website.

The teensy audio library has all the features you need such as pitch control envelops and even sound effects and much more!

i’ve made an example video of a little sampler with a teensy 3.2. this is an older model i wouldn’t recommend this, buy a newer model!

1 Like

Ah right, sounds great @jwotto! I had heard of the teensy, but didn’t know it had an audio library, that’s good to know, thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great! it’s a very nice audio library! they a made design tool for it! it’s almost like you are connect you wires on a modulair synth.

Very cool stuff :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for your help! :slight_smile:

1 Like

What seems to be nice with the wav trigger is that it works out of the box without any programming or stuff like that. If you are more into a “Look mum no computer” mood, this might influence your choices :slight_smile:

Also the trigger inputs could probably be easily wired to external jacks triggers.

3 Likes

How fast is the serial connection for the teensy? I have a sampler project that works, but the Arduino is too slow at pulling from external eeproms. I was thinking of getting around that by not fussing with a microcontroller period.

2 Likes

Usb serial speed? that is 12mbit/sec.
cpu clock speed depends on the model

I’m not at home now. look on there website and you will find your answer :slight_smile:

1 Like

Incidentally, the MusicThing Radio Music/Chord Organ is powered by a Teensy 3.2, so I just had my first experience with one.

3 Likes

I was referring to hardware serial capabilities of the teensy. If you don’t know that’s fine ill just look it up.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t know did you find your answer?

2 Likes

Just wrapped up work, i assume it will be higher from the clock speed alone. Will report back if i find out.

cool! it’s bedtime over here so then i will have some fresh information in the morning :slight_smile:

Hello,
Can somebody help me? I would like to watch the video from “LMNC” would have to complete a “Patreon” membership, ultimately I only want to have access to this one video, which membership do I have to complete? there are different ones, it starts at $2.5. Which do I need? Can it be canceled monthly or annually?

Thanks for help in advance!

greetings mike

From memory the £5/~$6 tier should give you access to everything. If you start a monthly subscription you can cancel it before the end of the 30 day period and you won’t be charged more.

2 Likes