"The Funny Pages"

Such descriptive humour is also quite popular in English. Perhaps the best known examples are cover versions of Take On Me (A-Ha) and Total Eclipse Of The Heart (Bonnie Tyler) with lyrics that describe the original video. The creepy atmosphere of the latter really cries out for parody like this. It’s like Village of the Damned meets Dead Poets Society.

3 Likes

Dad made a lovely chicken pie today… I haf to resist sticking patch cables in it for some reason.

5 Likes

Is that, could it be… a pi pie?

1 Like

Nah I had mash, no chips here =)

He didnt realise the K means more to me as a representation of Kosmo than my first name initial =D haha.

3 Likes
1 Like
4 Likes

The algorithm decided that I needed more YouTube shitposting in my life, and picked a somewhat unexpected combination. I really like the first one.

3 Likes

I never really got it down the analog way, pitch bending using helium. Instead I’m walking the digital path. But apparently for some people it is still part of their basic studio setup.

Note, the machine in the wooden case in the picture center is a DIY Lyra 8.

5 Likes
8 Likes

omg ITS TRUE.

Space Quest 3 and 4 really opened my eyes to how twangy FM synthesis can be.

I’m still amazed at how different hardware on a pc would sound totally different.

2 Likes

FM synthesis is one of those things that can sound great or terrible. No gradients in-between exist.

2 Likes
3 Likes

3 Likes
2 Likes

The more time I spend here, the more I think…

‘Ohm, Sweet Ohm!’
=D

4 Likes

So you want to take your audio equipment to Burning Man…

6 Likes

Not directly synth/audio related, but funny nonetheless:

Cheers

3 Likes

4 Likes