SynTesla - An awesome build! look at them valves!

I was having a little browse and found this dope ass thing!!

(it might belong in the inspiration topics to be fair… look at it!) =D

8 Likes

BRB, gonna throw my DIY synth in the trash and take up knitting

5 Likes

“Cover up that bosom synth, which I can’t endure to look on”
Tartufe, Molière

3 Likes

Probably just me, but the horrendous typography ruins it.

3 Likes

You mean you think there’s such a thing as too much art deco?

3 Likes

Nice craftsmanship, but I gotta say the aesthetic is a bit rough. It’s not even Art Deco. Just a sort of mix of steampunk and nice office furniture from the 70s.

3 Likes

Its a good exercise of creativity, even the pot knobs he thought how they can be marked/handled differently and still created something that looks approachable to play with.

I like the more ornamental look, theres definite capacitive touch options he could explore.
Like hidden pad triggers or something.

2 Likes

Definetly need one of these in my conservatory

3 Likes

Just seen. This looks like a contraption the Abominable Dr Anton Phibes might use in one of his assassinations. Parts are very attractive but the execution lacks care. Still, what a project!

2 Likes

That dates you.

3 Likes

Reminds me of this

3 Likes

Matt Smith wearing a bow tie so he’s playing Doctor Who. But which episode is it? I’ve seen every episode since the revival but I don’t recall that scene.

1 Like

A Christmas Carol …

1 Like

Ah @Bitnik, harsh. Now plotting my elaborate, over engineered and implausible revenge!

2 Likes

Do your worst. The scattering diamonds are up there on the shelf right next to the unfeasibly large vat of epoxy resin. I have a plan somewhere for a cohort of automated Art Deco jazz musicians. Qualis artifex pereo!

Edit: I think it’s lovely that the preposterous name and identity of Phibes’ sweetheart continues to inspire fan work like this:

2 Likes

Yes of course! Evil Dumbledore has a weather organ (is that a thunderhead or are you just pleased to see me?) and uses it according to the rules of 21st century capitalism.

2 Likes

Ah Vulnavia my sweet. Put @Bitnik on the “special” list …

1 Like