Stripboard maker software

I think I still don’t quite understand, how do you use the module musically?

Not the same module but it’s a gate delay (briefly at 0:15)

3 Likes

i don’t have it but i think that you can for exemple to double a gate signal with a multiple, take one to control an env, put the second one into the GATE DELAY to another env, take the 2 env to control 2 modules and play with the delay pot to make shift, repetitions, between the 2 sounds/melodies

the best is to use it and test many possibilities, that just a quick patch in my head i don’t know it :grinning:

3 Likes

Never any criticism from me my friend! X

2 Likes

I’m sorry about that. Yes, as my username suggests I’m a recovering bit-twiddler (a retired programmer) of a certain age, so my cultural references are often obscure to those who don’t have the right background. Thanks to @fredrik for translating my cryptic reference to the religious wars of a bygone era, when alt.right was just a random newsgroup between alt.religion.kibology and alt.sex (there I go again.)

4 Likes

Well you see, Sandy (@Farabide) is from Lothian, but I’m from Planet TCP. You can tell how far you are from Scotland, culturally at least, by how much more sense my gibberish makes to you than Sandy’s.

Obreligion: vim is nice to visit but I wouldn’t want to live there.

3 Likes

And now in German, because my English is probably much worse than @Dud’s. Without the Google translator, I would probably just stammer wild words :slight_smile:

1 Like

My German is terrible as I learned it nearly 40 years ago to sing Schubert but here goes…

Ein kleiner Witz über dumme Kommentare in Foren, die einen Krieg für dumme Dinge beginnen. Entschuldigen Sie die Verwirrung.

Danke Gott für den Google Übersetzer :smiley:

2 Likes

I made a stripboard layout of the schem i’ve used for my VCLFO on stripboard in my 3rd case, it will be more simple for a future one.

It’s the SIMPLE layout from Sam with some add from the complet schematic (LVL, S&H, Sync and INV OUT)

Like i said i have allready do this buid, but not with this stripboard layout.

ah yes with this i find my error in my first version for the Sync. :smiley:

if someone see something strange here’s

4 Likes

That’s the secret of English. Nobody has ever quite agreed on a definitive grammar of the language, so what would be just a jumble of words in most European languages can be interpreted as English. But it helps if you’re a native speaker of the version of English being used. Apparently Japanese English can be so prone to local idiom that people worry about the usability of emergency instructions in areas where there are many who only understand European or American English idioms.

Wasn’t that the case with units too, so they ended with this ?

5 Likes

Fabricating your own strip board is great because you get to control a lot of parameters. But I seem to have developed an affinity for these really cheap phenolic stripboards. So I use KiCad to do the placement and use the rats nest to show the best location of the parts for the best routing. If you do not yet do PCB routing, this may be a good way to start using KiCad.

The stripboard is a footprint where the connection pattern is drawn on Cmts User layer.

The placement looks like this

The result looks like this

Here is the bottom

3D image from KiCad

5 Likes

loving the the proto internet references.

1 Like

What Nano footprint are you using? The one I use doesn’t have 3D.

1 Like

I would post it but it’s 18megs. It came from either snapEDA or Grabcad.

Hackaday project for JLPCB-ready stripboard: Stripboard Meets KiCad | Hackaday.io

Does anybody have any good resource or tools for turning KiCad circuits into a stripboard-layouts rather than PCBs? Or is it as a simple as untangling the rats nest into straight lines? I’d like to bootleg some circuits into stripboard, but I’d prefer to have layouts in a way that requires the least amount of holes.

2 Likes

Would be interested in this Library Too!

Found one here:

https://www.snapeda.com/parts/ARDUINO%20NANO%20V3/Seeed%20Technology/view-part/

It’s 4.3 MB so presumably not the same one, though.

2 Likes

Yeah, the rats nest is the super useful part and the ability to physically arrange the parts on a stripboard to see how it will all fit. In general, when the parts are placed well, the rats nest is not as tangled and connections are shorter.
From there, you can use routing to really make them as straight as you want like in the Hackaday article or you can use an ECO layer to just draw lines where you want to make a connection.
Another nice feature is that CTRL click will highlight a specific net. I use that to check that I have wired all the nodes together for a specific net. If you do a full route, you can just run the design rules checker (DRC) for any unconnected nets. That sounds a lot easier that it is because DRC can get complex but reporting unconnected nets is easy.
One more thing that KiCad can do is cross selection. Pick a part on the PCB and it highlights the same part on the schematic. It does not seem to work for more than one part though which is unfortunate.
What I have outlined here is not a hard and fast set of designs but some methods and suggestions that are flexible enough to extend to any kind of protoboard. Using KiCad like this can be a nice introduction to making your own PCBs later on.

It may be zipped. I was looked at the unzipped. I am not sure what the size limit is. Can I upload a 4.2MB file? No, cannot upload a zip file. The one you found is probably the same one.