Stripboard maker software

I warned you… You didn’t listen…
Now you have 50+ modules from NLC to make stripboards from :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

:grin:

some in the list are quite simple to achieve (not all of them), i have put some in my folder, already the SLOTH CHAOS!

1 Like

i have a question about the boom for the Sloth Chaos

what does mean “1uf mcc or BP/NP electro” ?

Non polarized for NP, maybe Bi polarized for BP, electro for electrolytic but mcc i don’t know ?

Non Polarized electrolytic exist ?

EDIT : on the description :
“For the Super-Sloth version, C3, C4 & C5 must be bipolar/non-polarized 10uF capacitors.
For the standard Sloth these can be regular 1uF(not-electrolytic)(4.5mm spacing) caps.”

I think MCC is Multilayer Ceramic Capacitor.
For 1uF that’s what I’d get, I just bought these (for another project) :

1 Like

As mentioned, MCC (more common MLCC) is multilayer ceramic:

BP/NP is bipolar/non-polarized electrolytic:

2 Likes

thanks i learn everyday !

1 Like

Does it actually matter at the end of the day?

1 Like

Blasphemy! Persecute! Shunn the heretic!
You trying to start a schism?
Wot next the log Lin pot plot crock?
Big jacks, little jacks?
The centronics plug coup of ‘97

Oh Caps!

… nah! The differences are in extremes, speeds and polarity which can be useful to optimize in some cases.

3 Likes

:upside_down_face: ?? sorry can you explain plz

1 Like

lol i dont understand either :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think he’s saying it’s all a bit Emacs versus Vi.

3 Likes

… what 's this ? not better for me … you have a secret language ? :grinning:

2 Likes
4 Likes

ok thx ! that’s what I said, it’s a secret language for me :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

The emacs vs vi controversy is obviously biased, as the proponent don’t seem to know ed, which is the best editor…

3 Likes

Does anybody who has this module know if’s a 100% wet delay, or if it’s “50%” wet? I’d like it to be the latter so I can use it as a slapback on kicks/snares/claps.

@Dud, @Caustic
Une petite blague sur les commentaires stupides dans les forums qui déclenchent une guerre pour des choses stupides. Désolé pour toute confusion.

Non secret language: just having a pop at the stuff people worry about in forums. Pain meds were probably culpable. I was also trying to answer the “do cap types matter” question in a funny way. (God I apologize far too much here)
Best to all

4 Likes

From the build guide linked here:

This module is a dual VC gate delay. Using CV or the panel pot, delay
can be set from 7ms to 1 minute; longer times can be obtained by
replacing the 1uF caps with larger values, say 10uF.

The output gate signal is on only if the incoming signal is still on.
When the incoming gate finishes the output finishes. Technically this
module only delays the start/rising edge of the incoming gate.

1 Like

See, this I understand

2 Likes

it’s not a DELAY for audio like a PT2399, it’s a GATE DELAY to “delaying” a gate signal

pour moi y’a aucun de problème :slightly_smiling_face: c’est juste que j’ai souvent du mal en englais et là j’ai rien pigé, j’espérais juste que ce ne soit pas pleins de critiques de mon premier stripboard layout !

Traduction
for me there is no problem :slightly_smiling_face: it’s just that I often have a hard time in English and there I didn’t get it, I just hoped that it wasn’t full of criticism of my first stripboard layout !

1 Like