Single supply rail to rail opamp uk?

Hagiwo has just put up another arduino vco …so that is now 3 of the same schematic …only the code needs changed…so any recommendations for a cheap single supply rail to rail opamp in the uk…the ones hagiwo uses are a bit hard to find or expensive. Yes I believe I could reconfigure the circuit for 12v , burt again any recommendations . Thanks :+1:

2 Likes

Ta… any other input appreciated …6002 are scarce on eb*y and a bit pricey from uk sellers

Any reason not to use ±12 V and TL071?

Farnell has MCP6002-I/P in stock at £0.414 each. (octopart.com is your friend here.)

2 Likes

An AD8656 runs on 5v, has rail to rail output and good specs for audio

1 Like

Ok …I will go for mcp6002 surface mount with adapters for stripboard now Ive found an acceptable price. Thanks :+1:

What supplier would that be? At Farnell the SMD MCP6002 is only about £0.04 cheaper than the DIP.

Im still to check the postage rates, sometimes a bit steep … not tried farnell. Ive recently got a couple of items from RS in the UK and willing to pay above rates once in a while , and at least its next day delivery.
Edit its £9.95 ouch

Not-so-fun-fact: synth DIY is not necessarily a cheap hobby. Cheaper than buying ready-made modules, sure. But quality parts tend to add up. Usually best to buy larger quantities from big suppliers.

3 Likes

I had the same idea today after seeing the latest Hagiwo video, from what I could fathom the following will be suitable single supply rail to rail.

TLV271 (Sop8) 5 for £2.45 AliExpress

MCP6232 (Sop8) 10 for £5.27 AliExpress

NJM2732E (Sop8) 10 for $7.20 EBay

Sop8 adaptor plates 20 for £1.99 EBay

Of course I have no idea if they fake (recently had a bad batch of TL074’s from EBay) but I thought it was worth the gamble.

2 Likes

Again, if you have a ±12 V supply, you don’t need R2R. You could use a TL071.

2 Likes

Thanks for info , appreciated :+1:

1 Like