Hagiwo triple vco

Anyone aware of this condensed version of hagiwos vco projects ?

Reddit link…

Hagiwo triple vco

Verified build. Will need latest arduino ide to compile below 100% of memory on the board.
Was hesitant to build 3 individual …but this is a no brainer.

Yes theres no protection diodes on inputs but Dont worry about that :stuck_out_tongue:

100k multiturn trimmer for outut gain

Param 1 + 2 repeat as per potentiometer layout above etc :+1:

4.7uf is electrolytic neg to output pin

I ommited 3 led …they reflect the mode only …not necessarily required.

Any specific queries ?

Good idea (although I think I will instead build them separately to be able to use them simultaneously :slight_smile: )
I’m a little surprised at everything that has disappeared, if i look to the original schematic, you have removed all the diodes but also the power caps, the decoupling caps, and all the others caps and pulldown resistors on the inputs.

I am not an expert (far from it) but all these components necessarily had a function, doesn’t the circuit run the risk of being less efficient ?

2 Likes

There are protection diodes built into the ATMEGA128P.

The capacitors on the inputs are (I assume) for low pass filtering, presumably not needed if there isn’t much noise on your inputs.

The bypass caps you can probably get away with omitting.

I’d think the pulldown resistors should be there (but should be on the other side of the current limiting resistors), though maybe just tying the tip switch pins to ground would work adequately.

Maybe all this muntzing will leave something perfectly functional. But it’s not how I’d do it. I’ve gone back and forth on external protection diodes. This morning I feel like they’re superfluous (though the series resistors aren’t). But I always put in bypass caps, and the filter caps might help and can’t hurt. Nor can the pulldown resistors if properly placed. The resistors on the V/Oct input could be made the same as the others (1k, 100k), which would better protect that pin’s diodes, if the pulldown resistor were on the other side of the series resistor. Caps and resistors are cheap, and in Kosmo format, so is real estate.

3 Likes

Guilty… yeah I think I put the caps and pulldowns on the sockets directly…its coming back to me … I did Put resistor network on input jacks directly, yes that is recommended , particularly for gain ( vca control) .but as is noted by analogoutput… I’ve got ten or so arduino projects With minimum components. No diode protection on inputs or power filtering. I understand I flaunt some rules. :flushed:
Just a heads up for the reddit post and alt firmware . Layout is handy for those struggling with schematic , but yes ideally check out the github repo for original schematic ,

1 Like