Silent video uploads

Hi. For some reason my android phone has stopped giving me audio on videos posted to this forum. Anyone know what I can do to fix this?

1 Like

Try using a different browser on the same phone. Try another website that has embedded video. Report back here on the results.

For what it’s worth, I still get sound from YouTube videos linked here. It may be worth checking to see if your current web browser’s developers have decided to close some security loophole.

1 Like

Using chrome on an fairly vanilla android on a very very user rooted and modified phone. Thanks for the advice. I’ll start with the browser.

1 Like

Got it! Site settings in chrome now blocks sound by default. To stop annoying pop ups I suppose.
Now given this site permission to play. Thanks again

2 Likes

Chrome saves us from ourselves yet again lol.

3 Likes

In glad you got to the solution so fast. I should also have said that currently on Android 8.1.0 on a Moto G5S (which I use for practically all internet purposes except where I need to use git or wget to install stuff on my laptop) I’m using Bromite, which is like Chrome without Google and with added security features.

On my laptop on Windows (which I reluctantly reduced to when I had to make a go/no go decision) I use Brave.

Both browsers are ultimately derived from Chromium. I get to do all the things I need to do, while keeping Google at arm’s length.

2 Likes

My only windows machine is an i7 laptop that runs my DAWs. Can’t remember when it last had a packet outside my LAN.
I use chrome and a Google account to tie together some bits I wrote for Android, ifttt and Google assistant / Google home. My condition means there are times I’m bed ridden for weeks and being able to search, communicate and take notes without moving solves a lot of problems. Using Google’s setup saved me from re-inventing the wheel.
For all my cool ideas I use a Personal Analog Device or PAD and pen for short

4 Likes

Hard to beat that. I carry a pen at all times and the pads are chosen according to availability. You can fit a lot of Pitman shorthand onto the back of your hand, though at my age I might choose a less aged part of my body.

4 Likes

I had a PA who used to hate me coming back from meetings or trips with a bag of receipts and tickets. Not only did he have to do my expenses but also transfer any and all my scribbled notes on each scrap and receipt to a copy of lotus Agenda (now who’s showing his age).

2 Likes