Real ring modulator mod help

The CGS design calls for “1N60 or 1N34A, or any other germanium diode. It is best if they are matched for voltage drop. Schottky signal diodes could also be used, e.g. BAT48‘“

2 Likes

Well, where are the pictures @Dud? You can’t tell us that and not show it off! I’m interested in the transformers you used and how well it works, so video too!

Wait…
Is that…

?

1 Like

i use germanium 1n60 and 42TM018 transfo
just like in the CGSRR link that I put earlier in the post. Real ring modulator mod help
but as I said in my first post it’s something I did a while ago that I readjust for my diy modular
this is the original build (2018) :

and also the video test of this time :

otherwise for now I build modules after modules for my 3rd case but I still have not yet received the stuff for build the power supply so I have still tested no news modules recently built :tired_face:
sorry no video, maybe a photo tomorrow …

3 Likes

People are talking about germanium diodes, so I feel really young again. Those pretty glass-enclosed baubles of my youth.

3 Likes

Very pretty! It’s like dia de los muertos if it were a stomp box!

3 Likes

I was thinking the same thing.

2 Likes

No, the diodes are not in the same orientation.

1 Like

well, as i said yesterday here are 2 photos of the beast after transmutation
i had too 3 attenuator pot

4 Likes

Not quite. See if you can spot the difference below :smiley:

Ring modulator:

Bridge rectifier:

1 Like

@fredrik and @antoine.pasde2 wait are you guys saying there’s another piece of kit that’s actually called “Dia de los Muertos?” If so that’s hilarious-I meant to compare it to the holiday!

(I think we were both commenting on your ElectroBOOM reference, not the holiday. At least I was :slight_smile:)

1 Like