Powering module

I didn’t think about matching pitch in that way, but it could come in handy.

By the way does anybody know offhand what the pitch of those dual-in-line Eurorack connectors is? The terminal blocks I ordered have a pitch of 5mm, which isn’t compatible with veroboard or breadboards. There are workarounds but I’ll have to muck about a bit to find one that works best for my needs.

1 Like

The IDC connectors are 0.1 inch pitch, or 2.54 mm (half that on the cable side). Random datasheet drawing:

As for the terminal blocks, 5 mm is close enough to 5.12 mm 5.08 mm that it’s usually not a problem fitting these on a stripboard; worst case you may have to make the outer holes a bit larger.

2 Likes

0.2" = 5.08 mm. And my guess is “5 mm pitch” is really 5.08 mm, but as @fredrik says, it’s close enough not to matter anyway.

2 Likes

0.2" = 5.08 mm

Oops. Guess my brain decided that 256 is a less weird number than 254 :slight_smile:

But 5 mm pitch is definitely a thing; the AK300 footprint you used above is slightly narrower than the 2.54 IDC pitch (it’s made by a German company, after all).

3 Likes

Bloody Imperial again.

2 Likes

So I guess wrong sometimes
Screenshot from 2020-07-11 13-22-25
(but that German company does make Imperial spacing ones too)
Screenshot from 2020-07-11 13-33-10

2 Likes

Thinking of just repurposing UK domestic three core mains cable for internal power wiring. I’ll have to make sure the screw terminals will take the wire gauge.

2 Likes

made a custom power header board for the different types of modules on my work bench
here is the hook up for my MFOS modules a 3 pin molex type .
and for my boxes with just MFOS modules I made strip boards with all 3 pin connects
Ray didn’t design his boards with the 2x5 connectors in mind .

5 Likes