PCB COVID slowdown?

From Hackaday:

Shenzhen just recently got put on a week-long lockdown. Factories, non-essential stores and public places are closed, and people are required to spend time at home… A lot of the usual suspects like PCBWay and JLCPCB are merely reporting increased lead times…

However, at jlcpcb.com, it says at the top:

JLCPCB owns 6 factories for smooth production and supply. Manufacturing and delivery are going well, not affected by the COVID.

It just so happens I’ll be able to report if there are delays. I placed an order on Saturday and some boards are more than halfway through production, others are down around 1/3, and one for some reason is only 8%.

7 Likes

hey Richard just watched your video on ordering pcb’s on you tube . Thanks ! I needed that , you laid it out plainly showing what it looks like on the computer when you are actually placing the order from files on GitHub . now I just need to not be spending all my money at the grocery store and gas station and I might be able to order some stuff , now that someone has shown me how .

8 Likes

PCBs are done, awaiting carrier pickup. I think that’s about the usual timing for non green boards. But the site now says

JLCPCB owns 6 factories for smooth production and supply. Manufacturing and shipping are going well, but the delivery time may be 1-2 days longer due to the current COVID situation.

3 Likes

Who needs website monitoring solutions when we have @analogoutput and an f5 key. Hope your boards show up timely!

5 Likes