Opinion Wanted: Do I get more pots manufactured?

I have the following left in stock:
2 - Bags of 10 B10k 6.35 pots
1 - Bag of 10 B100k 6.35 pots

I have tons of all types of mini toggle switches left. No problem there. (SPDT on-on, SPDT on-off-on, DPDT on-on, DPDT on-off-on)

Question for everyone.
I am trying to gauge the interest to see if I should get more pots manufactured. I can only get B100k and B10k at the moment. If I get more manufactured I would get them without the tab this time. The minimum order is 600. I know that Sam uses a lot of B100k in his designs. A lot of Eurorack modules use B10k so I would get both made. I’m happy to get more made if people like having them easily available to them here in the US and they think they may need some in the next couple of months.

Feedback welcomed.

6 Likes

So, what you’re saying is, you’re going to become a pot dealer?

8 Likes

If thats true… @popflier ill twist your nuts for freebase XD

I do need to pick up a bunch of 10 and 100s. dont know if its better (postage wise) to just get them from UK =)

Question is, why wouldn’t you? Clearly there was demand for them, and I have a hard time believing that demand’s gone away. People keep building. I just bought 30 more from Tayda. Obviously if it’s more trouble to you than you want to deal with, or if you can’t recover your costs, don’t do it. But if the question is “if I get them, would you buy them?” then I can’t see the answer being anything but “Yes!”.

(Especially if you post to The BST Thread (Buy, Sell, Trade) .)

5 Likes

Make more! And ditto on what Rich said.

2 Likes

I’ll keep buyin em if you got em

2 Likes

I would love that. Especially without the tabs. I am getting efficient at filing the tab off, though.

2 Likes

Cut the tabs with snips. The metal is flimsy. Saves time.

My opinion is buy more. Keeps the price down for the rest of us :smiley:

2 Likes

I’ve been cutting them off with the nips and shooting the tab off into the room never to be seen again

6 Likes

Yeah, I say go for it. First round seems to have sold just fine and demand should be steady. I was actually just going to ask you for more B100K, but you don’t have enough left :joy:

1 Like

Walk around barefoot, you’ll find 'em.

4 Likes

Thanks for the feedback everyone. That’s helpful. It’s more about me trying to help others to find pots for a decent price and be a resource to this community than it is about me making money.

I’ll put another order in and will definitely get them without the tabs this time. They are a pain. I usually just rip them off with pliers but sometimes I forget and am quickly reminded when I try and put the panel on. :laughing:

5 Likes

first the order arrived and thanks for the extras and yes please get more pots made. we will need them and you are completely reliable ,

1 Like

Thanks. I appreciate that. :slightly_smiling_face: I just put an order in for more B10k and more B100k of the same pots but this time no tabs. I’m waiting to find out how long it will take and then I can let people know.

2 Likes

@popflier, this is perfect use of polls if you want!

2 Likes

how do they work out price wise compared to thonk ( excluding shipping ) .

I could do something similar over here if it makes sense in terms of builder cost. but thonk are fairly cheap already for the UK

3 Likes

Just an update:

I just ordered more B10k and B100k pots to be manufactured. I am having them made without the tabs this time. I should receive them around the first week of December, just in time for Christmas :wink:

I’ll post again when I have them in hand in the BST thread. I do still have in stock:

Pots:
1 bags of B10k pots (10 per bag)

Switches:
SPST on-on
SPST on-off-on
DPDT on-on
DPDT on-off-on

4 Likes