Need help with headphone connector pinout

I bought this component 2days ago it’s a 3.5 mm headphone jack by Waldom electronics I cannot find the data sheet for the pin outs, I’ve made sure of the polarity when trying to connect to the circuit tip is positive ring is negative and Sleeve goes to ground but I can’t figure out what the other 2 pins are any advice?

Hard to tell from that photo, especially with no view of the terminals, but it looks like it might be a knockoff of one of the Switchcraft 35RAPC__H3 switches described here:

https://www.mouser.com/datasheet/2/393/35rapc__h3_cd-477621.pdf

If, as it sounds like you’re saying, it has 4 terminals then it might be a copy of the 35RAPC3BH3, which has terminals for tip, tip normal, ring, and sleeve:

Numbers correspond to terminal positions as shown:

You can leave those unconnected if you don’t have a use for them.

1 Like

This is the back of the component, thank you for responding to my question. I will check out your sources and see if I can figure out a solution for my problems. I appreciate your help!

Five contacts, so it’s probably like the 35RAPC4BH3:

where #3 is a ring normal terminal (which you also can leave disconnected). It certainly looks like the same footprint.

1 Like

I agree and and yes it is exactly ,

If you have a multimeter or a pilote light (& a jack) you can check the pin to find Tip and Sleeve :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ring is used for stereo signals — tip, ring, and sleeve are left channel, right channel, and ground (or right, left, ground? One of those.) Typically in a synth the signals are mono so the ring terminal would not be used. The normal connectors can provide connections that are defaults in the case when nothing is plugged in, usually on input jacks. If you don’t need such default connections they can be left unused.

1 Like