Help! Any jack wiring pics for amateur

Hi - i’m building all the Kosmo unit in lockdown but i have little electrical knowledge and can’t read the schematics confidently. currently finishing a couple of the 1145 VCLFO’S but the site jpegs aren’t very clear and i can’t see what wires go where.

Can anyone take a pic of theirs for me? Free beers in return when you visit the Isle of Man!

Cheers
Phil

4 Likes

mine is not quite finished yet, but I can certainly help you anyway with schematic.
What scheme did you use? (because there are several)
and considering the title of the topic it is with the jack connections that you have some problems, what connections exactly please

you make it with the PCB or on a stripboard ?

1 Like

4 Likes

In my orientation,
top is Tip. Pin 1(uppet on header)
Bottom right on the corner is ground, pin 2(lower on header)

Cheers Rob

3 Likes

3 Likes

My rule of thumb on TruConnect 1/4 Style jack sockets is / - Slant = Ground, counter clockwise, skip 1 and the next is the Tip :slight_smile: basically on the “above” flatside, or 12 o clock.

so 12 oclock being the Top and the TIP , and 5 oclock being the Slant and the GROUND

3 Likes

I usually just visually identify ground (the sleeve) and the outermost pin depending on which style jack I have. Learn what the switch pins look like and ignore those. The inner pin is for TRS stereo cables

2 Likes

The closed frame ones there are different ( slightly ) to the various ones I have (like Sams). I could not find a diagram when I looked quickly last month)

All mine have switched connections for the Tip and Sheild, these are represented as (bold is the ones we want)
T
TN ( Normal )
S
SN ( Normal )
G

Which match with the scematic components in KiCad.

1 Like

:smiley:
These are the ones from Tayda.

A friend of mine pointed me to a site that details pinouts for various connectors (old and not so old):

https://pinouts.ru This site does its name credit.

3 Likes

There is no standard pinout for jack sockets, so a photo of someone else’s wiring may not tell you much. Safest approach is to use a cable and your multimeter’s continuity tester, as outlined in this thread:

5 Likes

Perfect! Really appreciate your help with this. Thanks

1 Like

Perfect. Thanks a million.

2 Likes