My Super Simple Osc installation for Video Pool Media Arts Centre

Hey everyone, I just wanted to share my art installation that uses the Super Simple Oscillator.

https://youtu.be/e1TJooqVa8Y

The installation was called “The 5 Drones” (what a rip off eh?) It uses 5 SSO’s with cv vactrols that are housed in the red-pod towers that surround a robot.

At the centre of the installation there’s a self-piloting robot driving around an enclosure. Using a program I made in python it converts the movement of the robot to midi data, which is sent to a midi-cv converter and finally sent into the drones.

Previous to this I’d never soldered or coded in my life! So it was a TON of learning and so much fun. Sam has been such an inspiration for me. I finally took the plunge into diy electronics and damn is it ever rewarding. (I’ve also been snooping around here reading everyones questions and helpful answers and this project is also very much thanks to you)

7 Likes

cool !!! and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

for the vid you can add it dirretely on your post, put the link alone on one line like this :wink:

4 Likes

Ah thanks, Not used to the ol’ forums.

I watched your videos on repeat while I tried to figure this stuff out!!

I almost made the VCF MS20 for this project because of your video but I couldn’t fit it in before the deadline.

1 Like

I think you might be interested in this:

2 Likes

Wow that is cool - thanks. Originally I wanted to have individual speakers for the towers in my design, but I didn’t get around to that stage so I just threw in some out jacks. Wireless would make it a lot more interesting

2 Likes