My build progress

Sounds great!
Gonna have to take a closer look what you did once I start experimenting with filters.

3 Likes

Mate that sounds awesome. Might have to make one of those one day.

2 Likes

I am very fond of my old 3D printed spool holder. This thing has treated me well over the years. I did recently switch to two sizes of small spools instead of one large spool.

5 Likes

We’ve got twins!

Well, you might not spot it but as their parent I can see differences.
I used pots and caps so that I get fast ADSR envelopes on one of them, the other I can use for slow ADSR envelopes.

9 Likes

Another simple utility. I wanted a small 2 channel mixer to combine VCO and sub-oscillator outputs and similar, so here it is:



It’s just Sam’s mini mixer cut down to 2 inputs, but the default wiring on the input jacks 1 and 2 go to -12V and +5V resp.
That means if you plug in just one input you can attenuate it with it’s own pot and then offset it either up or down with the other pot, depending upon which input you’re using. Also means with no inputs it gives you a +/- voltage source, which everyone always enjoys.

8 Likes

Lovely! This encouraged me to start a thread focused on 3D printed tools for the hobby:

4 Likes

I made a strip board EuroPi module using the layouts they have on GitHub. Piece of advice, make sure you use LEDs of a similar spec to the BOM or leave them off or use higher resistor values, because they can easily impact your output voltages. This makes calibration impossible. I had to switch out my resistors and even then the calibration doesn’t get it right. Fortunately, the output voltages are pretty darn close to correct anyway.



8 Likes

that one is nice . compact and has a small side storage spot for flux / sucker .
being a carpenter I had the wood and tools at hand and only took a small amount of time to throw together which was an important part besides small foot print on bench .

3 Likes

I’ve been working on a ADSR + Gate delay based on a Polivoks ADSR as open sourced by Erica Synths

Will start testing it soon …

9 Likes

What kind of module tester do you have?

2 Likes
4 Likes

It’s been a while, but I’ve finally broken out the trusty old iron again and built a couple of pedal kits:

Cheers

9 Likes

I bulit adapters for my luxury toys

18 Likes

I made a front panel for the ADSRG-O-Matic. In stead of exponentially curved slopes which I found in other AR and ADSR generator designs this module produces linear (straight) slopes. I’m curious whether this will have an audible effect when I compare between them.

So far it works using some BC547/BC557 replacing the 2N3904/2N3906 transistors which are in the original schematic, but I will replace the BCs by 2Ns as soon as they arrive.

10 Likes

Nice. Also nice front-panel. Where can I find more info on the schematic you used? I suppose its not based on Rene Schmitz’s ADSR that uses the 555 ?

Thx

Correct, it is not. The ADSR-O-Matic (note, no G) I wrote about earlier however is. Have a look here: My build progress - #5255 by Jos

No, this is based on the open sourced version (by Erica Synths) of the Polivoks Envelope generator. You can find the Erica Synths schematic in their github.

3 Likes


finally after sitting for months I got the KosmoBraids going . thanks BratAttack for the video on how to load the firmware ! and sebastian for all your work on this to .

15 Likes

aha! spotted in the wild :smile:

8 Likes

Well that’s the vCADSR finally built, just need to pop the chips in and see what it does…

Quad LFO could be a while …

11 Likes

I built a Steiner Parker filter.

Nothing special, many people have done this before me. But still, here it is:

For those of you who are not familiar with this type of filter, it is a voltage controlled diode ladder filter. This version contains 10 diodes.

It is based on Yves Usson’s ‘improved version’ of the Steiner Parker filter. I managed to harnass the oh so volatile resonance by replacing the feedback resistor with a 100k trimpot and choosing a well sounding setting.

10 Likes