Love the Flux Capacitor!

2 Likes

thanks ! it’s a DIY one

1 Like

Is there any other kind ?!?

2 Likes

does it need to reach 85mph to work?

1 Like

i see some replica at 300 / 400 / 500 € … on the web or some kit with the same price ??? crazy !
i have made mine with wood, and some stuff in my workshop
it’s not perfect but cheap
a simple little led chaser and i ad a ISD1820 circuit for electricity sound !

all work details

9 Likes

no, Marty 88 mph “nom de Zeus” !

2 Likes

my mistake, 1.21 gigawatts though?

1 Like

Nah, it’s “jigawatts”. :wink:

2 Likes

First patch with the Bela Salt module. The module is running a Pure Data clock multiplier patch. The clock is multiplied by calculating the time between the previous two clock signals and then setting a ramp wave (phasor~) to match that rate. The ramp is then multiplied by the desired clock multiple. The cosine of that signal it taken to create the multiple. This sine wave can be converted back to a pulse wave, or output unaltered. The multiple that gets output can be rotated with CV. The neat thing with the patch is that it works at audio rate. The bass in this track is a pulse wave at 128 times the clock input. The clock is being generated by a trigger sequence on my synth. The triggers are conditionally sent to the Salt module based on the phase of an LFO, so the clock rate changes over time.

This has got me wanting to make more things with Beaglebone/Bela. There’s no way I can buy another Salt module, so that will have to be a DIY project. I know it’s a computer, but when I jam with it it doesn’t feel like a computer.

Some parts of this are musical, some not so much:

5 Likes

Okay, it’s not a recording but I’m sharing music. I’m proud of my Irish lineage and it’s a big deal around here, so this is how I’m dealing with it this year. (No I know I’m not a professional arranger.)
Edit: now I’m ashamed of that. Not because it was in any way offensive, but because it was BAD. I wasn’t even knackered when I wrote/posted it.

4 Likes

This is using the same patch as I posted above, but is better example of what the patch can do:

1 Like

80’s style with some guitar

4 Likes

It was okay. It expresses a lot of our common frustration at the predicament.

Dammit, at least we could all agree that somebody was to blame for political issues like Brexit (though we might differ on exactly who was to blame and in what way.) With Covid-19, there’s no such comfort. We just have to live with the reality of a virus that needs to be contained. It’s like finding yourself with an implacable enemy. It’s invisible and it strikes the weakest.

3 Likes

You could, if you wanted, choose to blame the Chinese government’s hands-off approach to wet market regulation that lead to a situation where a bat could pee on a pangolin that some dude went and ate, but that gets into politics again and doesn’t help.

1 Like

That’s either one hell of a Japanese manga, or a really dystopian episode of CSI:Hong Kong starring Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker.

PS: pangolins are cool. I think it’s awful that they were often mistaken for musical instruments in the baroque era.

1 Like

Oh that’s hilarious. “Don’t tell Hiram, but what he’s blowing into isn’t in any way a mouthpiece!”

2 Likes

inexplicable trumpet sounds

2 Likes

STRANGER THINGS soundtrack cover/remix with my DIY modular
(original composer : Kyle Dixon and Michael Stein)

11 Likes